Build week of 10/31/22!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty16

Reaction score
UPDATE - Still no Raptor ordered in Nov 2021! Built-in August and has been on Micro chip hold since. This is a 2022 37pp at the original MSRP of $82,700 price protected. As much as I want to walk away from this deal, I can't. I can sell this for over 105k in Connecticut ( I won't; I want the truck). Here is what my dealer's General Sales Manager emailed me this am:

Yesterday I reached out to our Boston Region Manager (highest direct contact we have with Ford) who was able to pass our request for any help on this unit along. This is the response we got from his contact outside the region:
"Yes still on Microchip hold. The latest information I have received is that 75% to 80% of the vehicles on Micro Chip hold will be shipped by the end of December – I wish I could give a better line of sight on this one particular, but if a customer needs an eta I would say middle to end of January at the very earliest, I am hopeful it will not be that long, but maybe we can under promise and overdeliver."

What would you do?

Liberty16

Reaction score
UPDATE!! How about this: Ordered placed Nov 2021 for a 2022 loaded 37 PP. The dealer thought the delivery was Dec 2022. They Financed the truck for me in Nov 2022 with no truck, just the VIN, and bought my Range Rover from me. The bank did this! I made one payment on a truck I didn't have (Crazy Right). I knew all the liability was on them because it wasn't a valid contract. There was no consideration as I never got the Truck. Finally, I got frustrated and went to them to bust the deal and walk away. Mind you, I paid the original MSRP of 83K for a 2022 loaded 37 PP. The sticker is now 87K on my truck. They knew they were wrong for doing this and didn't want to break up the deal. Here is what they did. I have a lot of respect and would recommend them to anyone. You are not going to believe this. They paid Dec, Jan, and Feb payments and gave me a 2023 loaded Tremor to drive until my Raptor gets delivered. This story is so Crazy I can't believe it, so I posted proof. You can see the VIN match to the Fiance account. Long story short, still no Raptor but expected mid-Feb now. If it is delivered in February, this ordeal will take 15 Fn months!!!

Bottom line, I Think I am making out for all this aggravation. With the payments they made, my price comes down to approx 80K. The current window sticker is 87K. In Connecticut, Raptor 37 are selling for 110K all day. I am happy that I have a truck with positive equity. I am driving Tremor around for free until my Raptor is delivered (no property tax and payments on financed Raptor). This dealer stepped up, took care of me, and came through to make this right. With much respect for them—a rarity in this day and age. Thanks for listening to me vent. Only the Raptor forum people will appreciate my story! I will post a pic if I ever get the truck, lol!

rap order.PNGtremor.PNG
td bank.PNG

Last edited:

Liberty16

Reaction score
November 9th, 2021 Ordered
February 9th, 2023, finally delivered!!
Exactly 15 months to the day.

Agate Black 37 PP Every option - What an aggravating process. When 23 were being delivered for months, the 22 were stuck in limbo. Now I am glad I waited for the 22. I have all the options I wanted, especially the front Torsen diff, a heated steering wheel, and the Ford tailgate Applique. Still baffled at Ford and what they did to so many orders leaving major components out

rap1.jpgrap2.jpgrap3.jpg