Build Week 12/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The closer it gets, the harder it is to wait!

View attachment 388108

Where is everyone expecting to get theirs shipped out to? I'm wondering if the delay between built and shipped is playing a huge role. Currently waiting to get mine shipped to the Midwest. Original EST Delivery was Jan. 6th but is now Jan. 12th. Doubt it'll actually make the 800 mile journey in 3 days.
I’m getting shipped to NJ.

The shipping itinerary that I was told was Michigan lot to railyard, then to Wilmington, Delaware. From there trucked to my dealer, about 1 hour away.

But as of now; I’m still in limbo awaiting shipping.

I ordered on 7/20/22
Built 10/26
Chip hold
Build complete 11/28

I’ve been awaiting shipping since, with about 8 or 9 ETAs never met.

Hang in there this process of waiting since built is super frustrating and nobody can give me an answer why I’m in limbo.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Posted in another thread but any South Florida love? Mine was "shipped" 12/27, quoted till the 17th eta which we're over now and I kind of expected.

OP
OP
M

MikeyP87

Reaction score
So my 2023 truck was delivered on 1/16. However, I was out of the state on business so I had to pick it up on 1/21. Process was great, dealership did all the paperwork possible over email so I was only there a few minutes when I picked the truck up. Definitely big shout out to Chino Hills Ford. They played no games throughout the process, they had accurate updates every time I asked, and the truck was delivered in what I feel was reasonable timeline.

Anyway, truck is awesome. I'll get some pics shortly. It's everything everyone here has said. Rides great, drivability is great (I also have a 2020 Explorer ST where the factory transmission tune was made by a drunk chimpanzee), tech is great (again, ExST with the glacially slow Sync 3). I was a little disappointed that I was "stuck" with Antimatter Blue as I really like the Atlas Blue on my Explorer and wanted the same. But seeing it in person, in the sun, AMB is gorgeous, especially the black/blue interior. Dealer also forgot to add the graphics delete, but again I'm happy with that as I do like them in person. And I can always peal the stickers if I change my mind. SO far, very happy. I'm also happy with the exhaust note. I have a Thermal R&D exhaust on my Explorer, which I feel is pretty good sounding for an Ecoboost, but the crazy ball-of-yarn exhaust Ford got on this truck definitely does the trick. It doesn't sound like a kazoo like a few of the Gen 2s in my area do.

I did notice 2 things. There is plenty of dirt up in the wheelwells and on the radiator cover. And it has 40 miles on it. Not just rail dirt, but looks like it was driven through a puddle or 2. I know it was raining pretty nasty here the week it was on the train and delivered, but is there any drivability testing Ford does to these before they are shipped out? As, what looks like a missed buffing spot on the fender next to the passenger headlight. I thought it was a real paint defect, but I could see the metallic through the haze. I tried a little polishing compound and it starting looking better. I'll just have my detail guy take care of it; I'll have him ceramic coat it shortly.

As for mods, I have OCDPlug screen protector and pillar protectors sitting in the garage. Will be looking for a tonneau cover and intercooler shortly. And I'll have to give it a break from the strenuous work of braving the Starbucks parking lot and go with my buddies to use it as intended.