Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my truck arrived, it’s sitting at the dealer and I take delivery next Wednesday because they are sending it out for the bedliner. I opted out for the liner, because they said it would hold up the build. Should have just had the factory do it, since I waited almost 7 months.

I have some pictures, cause I went to see it in person and they let me drive a little in the lot.

I got to say; it was a journey but definitely worth it.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well even though I walked on my 10/24 build week MY23 order... I just received my replacement Thursday. MY22 Atlas Blue. First up some wheels and tires. Will post some better pics once the temperature gets above -15. Here is some un-iced photo dump. I see others are getting theirs. That's cool. The MY23 I ordered mysteriously showed back up on dealer web site with a 10k ADM. Neat

Attachments

• 20230204_084851.jpg
    20230204_084851.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230204_084903.jpg
    20230204_084903.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 20

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well even though I walked on my 10/24 build week MY23 order... I just received my replacement Thursday. MY22 Atlas Blue. First up some wheels and tires. Will post some better pics once the temperature gets above -15. Here is some un-iced photo dump. I see others are getting theirs. That's cool. The MY23 I ordered mysteriously showed back up on dealer web site with a 10k ADM. Neat
Congratulations, sucks you had to walk away. Not sure if I would have waited as long as you did. I take delivery on mine on Wednesday, after they do the bedliner I opted out on the build, because they said it would hold the build. In retrospect I should have just included the liner in the build.

Definitely awesome trucks; the wait makes you appreciate them a little more. But the wait isn’t because they are hand making the truck like a super car. It’s because Ford’s order process is screwed up; I mean literally takes days to build and once they’re built and it takes weeks to ship. The process really should only take a couple months. But most orders are taking 6-9 months and some that have taken over a year. I for one wouldn’t order like this again, unless Ford gets this process streamlined. The other is make the process more transparent, and not give customers lies about ETAs .

Ultimately Ford would up their sales if they fixed a few things in the ordering.

But regardless I’m happy with the truck and happy a lot of others are starting to get theirs.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note; does anyone know the break in period?? I know I could probably search it up. But just asking

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, sucks you had to walk away. Not sure if I would have waited as long as you did. I take delivery on mine on Wednesday, after they do the bedliner I opted out on the build, because they said it would hold the build. In retrospect I should have just included the liner in the build.

Definitely awesome trucks; the wait makes you appreciate them a little more. But the wait isn’t because they are hand making the truck like a super car. It’s because Ford’s order process is screwed up; I mean literally takes days to build and once they’re built and it takes weeks to ship. The process really should only take a couple months. But most orders are taking 6-9 months and some that have taken over a year. I for one wouldn’t order like this again, unless Ford gets this process streamlined. The other is make the process more transparent, and not give customers lies about ETAs .

Ultimately Ford would up their sales if they fixed a few things in the ordering.

But regardless I’m happy with the truck and happy a lot of others are starting to get theirs.
Congrats to you. Yeah I think the bedliner was a previous year constraint. That item didn't slow down any MY23 builds from being built, etc. that I know. Its all good though you'll be driving soon. I had the bedliner added to my 22 as well. I love my 22 Atlas Blue. This whole situation for me could have been avoided had they just told me why it was held up at the railyard. Like I said I did the legwork and it was a five minute call. That is what I was tired of waiting for is an answer so I could control my purchase and timing of such as a lot went into this from my standpoint. Anyways... I love this new gen 3 I picked up... much different than my gen 2. I'll post more pics here once I get the truck cleaned up.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note; does anyone know the break in period?? I know I could probably search it up. But just asking
IMO... No need to break it in per se' as under the hood it is designed to be very modern and responds well to initial and ongoing RPM ranges. I usually watch the rpm range the first 500 to 1,000 miles, don't go to manual shifting... and give her good gas early a.m. or late p.m. when the tanks at the pumps don't have the weak or mixed gas in the lines from others using them at the same time. I get that first oil change early and then service it as needed.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finally cleaned the salt off. My 10/24 build week replacement. Everything happens for a reason. My Blue 22!!

Attachments

• 20230206_104024.jpg
    20230206_104024.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230206_103958.jpg
    20230206_103958.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230206_103811.jpg
    20230206_103811.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 22