Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the most frustrating purchasing experience, I’ve ever had. I love Ford trucks; especially the raptors. But I’m not pleased with the experience of ordering only to be led on with ETA after ETA.
I know... personal order, decisions tied to timing, information steers you into a sea of crap. In general, even with their estimates... It's way off in terms of rational timing and normal flow once produced and shipped with no holds. I can see if production was delayed by an extra 12 days from blend date for whatever reason, then delayed at plant because of chip hold for another 15 days once built, then delayed at plant to ship by rail took another 9 days to release, then stuck at a railyard in transit for 14 days, then 12 days to deliver to final destination. But I cant quantify how I was built in 1 day, shipped in 2 days, arrive at railyard in 1 day, then it sits in a 10'x20' spot for 59 days waiting to go 75 minutes to finish transit delivery. Weird at best. Funny thing is local convoy transport picked the truck up and loaded it on carrier 53 days ago to finish delivery... then returned it to lot same day where it sits since. Almost as if it was too soon or was requested to hold off on delivery. Early on FP told me there was a hold. That went away mid November. Whatever. Hopefully soon. This will cost me if I decide to keep... but don't have a lot of options right now to move on.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine shipped on 10/29 and is sitting at a railyard an hour from my dealership and has been for getting close to 2 months.

My new method of thinking is to just to forget about it so it doesn't eat at my soul. It's a horrible mindset by ford. I don't get it either, I didn't order from a small dealership in a small town.
I did for a few weeks... didn't look back. But I sold my truck 11/4... so need to figure out a ride soon... running out of options... figured things would change for me... but they haven't.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the rattle only on startup and idle or does it happen while driving too?
Driving is mainly when I hear in it. My wife rode with me for the first time since getting in and was like “wtf is that rattling” and then next light “you need to bring this back”. I didn’t even mention it before so obviously it’s noticeable. If it’s in neutral, you can’t hear/feel it and changing the exhaust doesn’t help.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
Driving is mainly when I hear in it. My wife rode with me for the first time since getting in and was like “wtf is that rattling” and then next light “you need to bring this back”. I didn’t even mention it before so obviously it’s noticeable. If it’s in neutral, you can’t hear/feel it and changing the exhaust doesn’t help.
That sucks. My wife is definitely someone who would notice that too so I'm hoping when I get mine that it doesn't have it or there's a quick fix for it. Hopefully yours gets taken care of quickly.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know... personal order, decisions tied to timing, information steers you into a sea of crap. In general, even with their estimates... It's way off in terms of rational timing and normal flow once produced and shipped with no holds. I can see if production was delayed by an extra 12 days from blend date for whatever reason, then delayed at plant because of chip hold for another 15 days once built, then delayed at plant to ship by rail took another 9 days to release, then stuck at a railyard in transit for 14 days, then 12 days to deliver to final destination. But I cant quantify how I was built in 1 day, shipped in 2 days, arrive at railyard in 1 day, then it sits in a 10'x20' spot for 59 days waiting to go 75 minutes to finish transit delivery. Weird at best. Funny thing is local convoy transport picked the truck up and loaded it on carrier 53 days ago to finish delivery... then returned it to lot same day where it sits since. Almost as if it was too soon or was requested to hold off on delivery. Early on FP told me there was a hold. That went away mid November. Whatever. Hopefully soon. This will cost me if I decide to keep... but don't have a lot of options right now to move on.
Ford is either capitalizing and creating delays and shortages or they are severely mismanaging in every aspect of the their business.

bobbylights

Reaction score
My ETA has changed so many times. My salesman was ignorant enough to tell me my truck was “in transit” when I was told by FP, and saw on the tracker, that it’s still awaiting shipping. I got excited in hopes he knew something no one else did, only to find out my ETA has now been pushed back another two weeks. It’s been built since 11/20 with no hope for a ship date. This roller coaster has been going on for well over a year…

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, marks 30 days awaiting shipping; I’ve lost count of ETA so far. This is beyond ridiculous!