Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

Took me about 16 months and 40-45 dealers to find one and order it at MSRP. Once the 23 banks opened I was told it would be 12-16 weeks which I thought was a pipe dream. Sure enough, it was in my driveway at week 14. Convoy not rail so that may have helped speed up delivery.

Smile EVERY time I look at it and I have some pretty high end vehicles. Even my wife said how much she likes it over the RAM I had for a whopping 4 months.
Congratulations on the new truck and name change! I hope to be as happy as you later this week.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me. Email from Ford 10/28. But stuck in a railyard for 37 days. No actual reason why... but many guesses.

scottp6188

Reaction score
Albany, NY... actually its Mechanicville, NY.
My sales manager used to work for the railroads and his job was to hunt down lost train cars. He said 20-30 years ago there was a huge snow storm that put almost 10 feet of snow on the ground. Took him 5 months to find railcars and they found it still on the line and it was buried in 12 feet of snow next to a building under massive drifts. Had to wait until the spring to find it. I know the northeast got pummeled with snow a few weeks back is there still a lot on the ground?

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sales manager used to work for the railroads and his job was to hunt down lost train cars. He said 20-30 years ago there was a huge snow storm that put almost 10 feet of snow on the ground. Took him 5 months to find railcars and they found it still on the line and it was buried in 12 feet of snow next to a building under massive drifts. Had to wait until the spring to find it. I know the northeast got pummeled with snow a few weeks back is there still a lot on the ground?
Not really. The snow that hit Buffalo hard and the north country near me... which is northeast of Lake Ontario... was after the truck landed in Albany. Albany had no snow at all. Weird thing is vin view showed Brothers Transport (local auto transport co.) had the truck on 11/4... there was two updates from them on VV and the vehicle location icon shows it is at dealership. Which is not True as I still show shipped and In Transit. So some weird movement at one point on VV. I can't get one clear answer like... shipping delay, hold & reason, damage... nothing... it just sits.. no movement since early November. I have exhausted every avenue to nudge others to look further into this. No one will look further into this... they use screens to talk to me about the same status since 11/3. 10 different ETA changes. This Mechanicville auto railyard is gated and fenced with a security entrance... otherwise I would have driven there already. 75 minutes from dealership.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. The snow that hit Buffalo hard and the north country near me... which is northeast of Lake Ontario... was after the truck landed in Albany. Albany had no snow at all. Weird thing is vin view showed Brothers Transport (local auto transport co.) had the truck on 11/4... there was two updates from them on VV and the vehicle location icon shows it is at dealership. Which is not True as I still show shipped and In Transit. So some weird movement at one point on VV. I can't get one clear answer like... shipping delay, hold & reason, damage... nothing... it just sits.. no movement since early November. I have exhausted every avenue to nudge others to look further into this. No one will look further into this... they use screens to talk to me about the same status since 11/3. 10 different ETA changes. This Mechanicville auto railyard is gated and fenced with a security entrance... otherwise I would have driven there already. 75 minutes from dealership.
I've read a ton of stories related to railyard disasters...who knows which ones are true or not.

For example....lost railcars. Unhooked at an interchange, shoved between two other cars, and not found for weeks. Railcars damage. They find a brake or wheel or whatever that's messed up...they sometimes pull it to the side and fix it with the cargo still onboard. Damage to cargo. Loose loads, break ins, etc at the railyard and they will take that to the side and work on it.

Then you have the fact that there are often body shops at railyards. They can hold your truck for damage or stop-holds, etc at the body shop....OR apparently they will hold trucks waiting on a convoy going to your dealer. If they have multiple vehicles but spread apart, they can hold the first ones so a truck is full when going to your dealer.

Finally, we have the point that tracking DOES NOT WORK correctly and nobody actually knows where your vehicle is...which is where I'm at outside VinView. Ford says one place, UP says the other. Only VinView has the actual location and somehow Ford doesn't have access but the dealer does?

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a ton of stories related to railyard disasters...who knows which ones are true or not.

For example....lost railcars. Unhooked at an interchange, shoved between two other cars, and not found for weeks. Railcars damage. They find a brake or wheel or whatever that's messed up...they sometimes pull it to the side and fix it with the cargo still onboard. Damage to cargo. Loose loads, break ins, etc at the railyard and they will take that to the side and work on it.

Then you have the fact that there are often body shops at railyards. They can hold your truck for damage or stop-holds, etc at the body shop....OR apparently they will hold trucks waiting on a convoy going to your dealer. If they have multiple vehicles but spread apart, they can hold the first ones so a truck is full when going to your dealer.

Finally, we have the point that tracking DOES NOT WORK correctly and nobody actually knows where your vehicle is...which is where I'm at outside VinView. Ford says one place, UP says the other. Only VinView has the actual location and somehow Ford doesn't have access but the dealer does?
I know... your situation and others are far worse than mine as far as unknowns and waiting. I wonder what my story is here... its easy to find out... yet no one that can will. I'm slowly in search of other options now only because I need a vehicle for safety, emergencies... I can't be trapped home without a vehicle... the risk is evident. Shouldn't have listened or trusted others on selling. 30 day rate is now expired.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received word from my salesman that our truck has arrived at the dealership! Can't wait to take delivery,but unfortunately my work schedule won't allow that to happen until next week. Still pumped though.:Big Laugh:

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know... your situation and others are far worse than mine as far as unknowns and waiting. I wonder what my story is here... its easy to find out... yet no one that can will. I'm slowly in search of other options now only because I need a vehicle for safety, emergencies... I can't be trapped home without a vehicle... the risk is evident. Shouldn't have listened or trusted others on selling. 30 day rate is now expired.
I don't really consider mine that bad, other than the 22-23 conversion costing me so much money and time. At least I know mine has been 2hr from the dealership for 7 days now.