Build date finally established!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Drewett

Reaction score
Hi all. Been driving my 02 F150 screw for 18 yrs and 240K miles. Got the kids out of college and married off. Time to update my ride. Ordered a Raptor at the end of March so I would not have to pay MSRP (trend for DFW TX) and not pay for optIons I didn’t want or need. Now that the plant is up and running, I’m told I now have a build date of 8/5. ‘20 Screw 802a Performance Blue. Gives me a little more time to keep scraping together down payment. I’m 59 and finally getting the truck I’ve been wanting ever since Ford introduced them. Will be leaning on this forum and it’s members to steer me in the right direction on upgrades! PS saw a mustang today with 20’s...had a good out loud laugh at that one!

fueler

Reaction score
Nice! They'll be building ours nut to butt in the line. I've got the same as you getting built but a Scab black. Put a down payment on it 6-14 and got that same build date as you, week of Aug 3rd to be exact.

I'm very glad I found this forum also, lot of great info and people here.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! They'll be building ours nut to butt in the line. I've got the same as you getting built but a Scab black. Put a down payment on it 6-14 and got that same build date as you, week of Aug 3rd to be exact.

I'm very glad I found this forum also, lot of great info and people here.

Did you order on 6/14 or earlier? How did you confirm the build date?

I ordered on 6/12 and haven’t heard anything. I emailed the dealer this week and they told me they would email when they heard something. I have the build sheet my dealer used to submit the order.

Last edited:

fueler

Reaction score
I ordered on 6-14, didn't hear back until Friday 6-26 and the salesman handed me an order sheet. Has my order number on it and and the vin. I put the vin in the order tracking window and it comes up with the same details as my truck order. I'm surprised it has a vin so quickly. But this is the first time I've ever ordered something that wasn't a motorcycle. I was told it's scheduled to start being built first week in Aug. Should be to the dealer about a month after that. This form has windows for Start Date and End Date, both say TBD. So, if you are asking is anything set in stone on an actual date? No. So all I've really got is a VIN, an approx eta, and a major woody to see this thing.

I have the build sheet also, should be the sheet of paper with your order number upper left corner, your name, type, vehicle line, model year and all the basic details of the truck with chosen options. I got this emailed to me on the 19th. I'm going to attach a partial screenshot of what I see after I entered my vin in on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website, hope this works...

upload_2020-6-27_21-32-21.png

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Hopefully I’ll get some kind of confirmation next week. At that point I can relax and stop tracking available Scabs on Autotrader.

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s all part of buying a Raptor, the hair pulling waiting to hear something. I’ve got a 17 Screw Ruby Red, ordered it on May 8th and showed up at the dealer on July 10th. Had my sales rep take a picture of it on the trailer. Once you get it you’ll find a million things you can do.
ENJOY

stricksteve

Reaction score
I ordered a new Rapid Red 801A SCAB+ most available other accessories on 3/5! In Production 6/3. Awaiting Shipment 6/9 In Transit est 19 days . And dealer delivery 8/5. All on "shop.ford.com". Dealer says the truck is in Denver after being shipped by rail to there. And will be in well before 8/5. I hope so as the floor is getting wet from my drooling!! I got the VIN just before the plant reopened 5/18. Dealer got the invoice just before that so someone was working before the plant opened I think!!

stricksteve

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind thoughts!! No kids, just 2 GSD's. Already retired for lots of years, probably older than "Old Fart". An Elk got my last truck in Feb and the virus stopped me from getting a new Raptor until this one is delivered. Also that first step on the shop ford timeline denotes when the order was entered if I am not mistaken, not production start. Mine was entered 5/18-20 (and a VIN assigned) but production was not started until 6/3.