Budget Long Travel build (rebuilt bypasses and coilovers).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on used live valves for now but.... If you have patience, shock tools, and search race classifieds you can save a lot of money on a build by refreshing used bypasses and coil overs.

Rear end

Refreshed used deaver +3's
SVC Trac bars
SVC Bumpstop rack with king bumps

Before
Had a used bypass rack, didn't like the layout sold it.
Had 3.5 kings but sold for big $ during shock shortage when I sold my house in CA.

Now
Have RPG Chase Bypass rack coming in a couple days.
Have Pro eagle 3 ton and mount.
Have used, rebuilt, and re-valved 4 tube 3" by 17" bypass shocks off a race truck. (a bit under $1k). I compared the comp/ext dimensions to standard 16" fox and locating the perches to run these 17" won't be hard.

Front end

I found a used set of king 2.5x10 coil overs. (a bit under $1k)
Getting Springs... PAC 18" 700 psi main with a 6" 500psi tender.
Changing to f12/10 valving.

I will order Baja Kits LT when I have them done. I can do most of the installation if I have the coilovers

Searching for used 10" remote res bypass and hydro bumps.

Last edited:

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on used live valves for now but.... If you have patience, shock tools, and search race classifieds you can save a lot of money on a build by refreshing used bypasses and coil overs.

Rear end

Refreshed used deaver +3's
SVC Trac bars
SVC Bumpstop rack with king bumps

Before
Had a used bypass rack, didn't like the layout sold it.
Had 3.5 kings but sold for big $ during shock shortage when I sold my house in CA.

Now
Have RPG Chase Bypass rack coming in a couple days.
Have Pro eagle 3 ton and mount.
Have used, rebuilt, and re-valved 4 tube 3" by 17" bypass shocks off a race truck. (a bit under $1k). I compared the comp/ext dimensions to standard 16" fox and locating the perches to run these 17" won't be hard.

Front end

I found a used set of king 2.5x10 coil overs. (a bit under $1k)
Getting Springs... PAC 18" 700 psi main with a 6" 500psi tender.
Changing to f12/10 valving.

I will order Baja Kits LT when I have them done. I can do most of the installation if I have the coilovers

Searching for used 10" remote res bypass and hydro bumps.

We need updates with pics. I am Subscribed.