Budget Alternatives to Fox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkalley

Reaction score
Hey so I sold my 2014 to a friend a few years ago and he needs 4 new shocks. 3 for sure (he got 100k miles!). With coronavirus he’s laid so he’s trying to be budget conscious. He will never off road btw. Any recommendations for something cheaper than OEM fox? Thanks

OP
OP
D

Darkalley

Reaction score
How can you be sure the used ones have a lot of life left? regarding rebuilds, I see so many early failures with those. Would you agree to stay away from a rebuild?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can you be sure the used ones have a lot of life left? regarding rebuilds, I see so many early failures with those. Would you agree to stay away from a rebuild?

It's a crap shoot. Rebuilds can save him some money over new 2.5's from Rockauto($~1,400) as I think entry rebuilt TSW shocks start at 600 or 800 bucks, after he trades in his original shocks*

I haven't gone the rebuilt route yet, but have seen quite a few happy with TSW rebuilt shocks. Not sure how many miles they get out of them though.

*Verify that data, as I'm going off memory.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very hard to do low budget on a Raptor..

Fox shocks are meant to be rebuilt its how they are made. He needs to find an off-road race shop that understands and get them rebuilt by someone with experience.
lf he is really trying to spend as little as he can, a local shop will save him on shipping and down time.
Next option is ship them to a rebuilder, after that, its replace...

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just get them rebuilt. If you are anywhere close to the multiple company’s that do them not having to pay for shipping could easily get them done “cheap”