Bucking under load.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking with mike from 5 star. He thinks its a spark plug or coil pack going bad. Wouldn't I get a misfire code or something?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Weird that it coincided with the CAI install. I was still betting on an air leak somewhere, but yeah bad coil pack can cause that.

OP
OP
G

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I check the coils ? Is there any place else to check for unmetered air?

OP
OP
G

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't the plugs. Changed them yesterday. I need to know where the cpv is located and what the part number is. The dealer is asking which one I am talking about. The one on the canister or the other one

OP
OP
G

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help guys. The ford dealer has two part numbers and I don't even know where the thing is

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey greg how long does that ticking last on cold start up? ive noticed a loss of power and when i do the remote start there is some major clicking for about 10 seconds and then it stops, (its been warmer here so not sure how long it used to last)

I thought that ticking when you first start up the truck is normal??

I was told that because the oil is resting at the bottom when you first crank it takes a few seconds for the oil to cycle and then the noise goes away.

i would say its more of a flutter that i hear when i start it up but it goes away pretty quick.