Brush Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacksunshine

Reaction score
I purchased the Arc-Rite guard a couple months ago for my 2018 after seeing it on a post, I called them to see if they actually made one for a 2018. I am very happy with it. I hated putting a guard on the truck and was afraid I would hate the look but I think it looks good (to each his own). Almost every time someone says man I love that truck- they follow it up with- and that grill guard is awesome. It is not a dozer blade but it is pretty darn heavy. The upper mounts are pretty stout. The main reason for having it is deer. We are in Southeast Kansas and they are thick. I live in the country on a farm and we have deer hits on the highway all the time. My wife has hit two in the last year and I have hit three in the last two years. I have a Westin HDX on my 2012 f150 and it is similar as far as the side protection. It held up fine on all three deer it has smoked. I am sure a 70+ mph direct hit is gonna do some damage but I think it will hold up for most hits. Hopefully I don't find out.

I couldn't stand for not having my tow hooks. I actually use and need tow hooks. I manufactured tow hooks out of 3/4" plate that go inside the frame and attach to the original tow hook mounting location, they just attach inside the frame as opposed to the bottom side of the frame. I will attempt to attach some pictures, I have only posted a couple times so hopefully I can figure it out. The tow hooks had to have a curve in them to get around the guard so they will put a little side load on the frame but I don't think it will be a problem. I put a clevis on each side and just leave them. I don't have any pics with the clevis.

I ordered it without the expanded metal in the center so it wouldn't totally block the front camera. I figured I would have to relocate the adaptive sensor but tried it and I have no issues with it. It works fine.

It took me a about two weeks to get it after I ordered it. I would buy it again.

I ordered mine on Monday. I like your tow hook bracket and would love to buy a set if you are willing to make them! Do you really have to remove the entire front bumper to install this guard? Did you have to remove anything else besides the skid plate?

OP
OP
K

Kbobk

Reaction score
I ordered mine on Monday. I like your tow hook bracket and would love to buy a set if you are willing to make them! Do you really have to remove the entire front bumper to install this guard? Did you have to remove anything else besides the skid plate?

Yes you have to drop the bumper to get all the brackets bolted up. To drop the bumper you have to remove the radar box that controls the active cruise. There weren’t any instructions with the guard from memory. Just kinda had to figure it out. Wasn’t too hard. Just take your time.

cobraplay

Reaction score
I will try to pull a tow hook off and take it to my buddy who does metal fab. (he also bought a Raptor so I might be able to twist his arm) I will see if he can set up a cut file and just cut them on his water jet. It will probably be a week or two but I will let you know. The ones I made was old school- torch and a grinder and time. He also has a powder coat facility so I will see if he will mess with making some.

I don't remember taking my bumper off. I pulled part of the grill out but I don't think I had to take the bumper off to mount the guard.

blacksunshine

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I called and placed my order but they said payment will be taken when guard is ready for shipment. It been 10 days and no response. They said It should take about 5 days to make. I'm going to call them again on Monday. Ive been looking and it does appear that you can install without removing the bumper but wont know until I start.

OP
OP
K

Kbobk

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I called and placed my order but they said payment will be taken when guard is ready for shipment. It been 10 days and no response. They said It should take about 5 days to make. I'm going to call them again on Monday. Ive been looking and it does appear that you can install without removing the bumper but wont know until I start.

Have you had a chance to install the guard? Any pictures?

blacksunshine

Reaction score
Got it on Friday and installed that afternoon. No install instructions but wasn't bad. You do have to remove the bumper to install top braces.

Have you had a chance to install the guard? Any pictures?

Attachments

• IMG_20180615_173151_797.jpg
    IMG_20180615_173151_797.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20180615_123923.jpg
    20180615_123923.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180615_123750.jpg
    20180615_123750.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 59

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer the look of this type of guard on an F250, rather than a Raptor. But, if you like it, its your money so I say go for it!

FordXLTmax

Reaction score
I know it's been a while but any luck on those tow hooks? I'm in the process of purchasing this bumper and would pay to have those tow hooks, if he has the cut file and is willing to sell or if you guys have an extra set please let me know!