Brush Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sames huh. You must be in Bastrop or around Austin.

I'm on country backroads at 5 AM every morning. I wanted some protection but didn't want a Ranch Hand. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Blue Front.jpg
    Blue Front.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

blacksunshine

Reaction score

I'm on country backroads at 5 AM every morning. I wanted some protection but didn't want a Ranch Hand. :biggrin:

Im down the street from you off 1626 south of 967. Deer are bad in this area. That is why Im looking for a little more protection then just aftermarket bumper.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

It took a week to 10 days to be delivered from when I ordered it. Pretty quick process from order to delivery.

It wasn't too hard to install. It was kind of unnerving taking apart my brand new truck, but none of it was hard to do. For me the sketchiest part was when I had to remove the radar unit for the adaptive cruise which sits behind the bumper (about a 6" x 6" and 1/2" deep unit). You have to remove the box to access some bolts behind it to drop the bumper all the way off. Then you just bolt it back on. I just had total paranoia about pulling the unit off, because of the way it sits on these adjustable mounts. After some liquid courage it was off and a few minutes it was back on. No big deal in hindsight.

Total install was maybe three to four hours. It would take me around two hours now that I know what all needs to be done.

Can you post a side picture of the guard or a full truck pic? How much do you think the guard weighs?

blacksunshine

Reaction score
No response when I ask for additional pictures. No response from the company of this brush guard when I ask basic install questions or if the item is in stock. No response when I ask approximate weight. Conflicting response on if it will affect sensors. Company sends me the same 2 pics that are in this post. Is this a scam? Are these available? Guess not.

OP
OP
K

Kbobk

Reaction score
No response when I ask for additional pictures. No response from the company of this brush guard when I ask basic install questions or if the item is in stock. No response when I ask approximate weight. Conflicting response on if it will affect sensors. Company sends me the same 2 pics that are in this post. Is this a scam? Are these available? Guess not.

Relax.... Weight is probably 100lbs. Can't recall exactly, but it easy enough for two guys to pick up and mount or load in the back of the truck. They make each brush guard to order. When you order you specify the options (which I think are no extra charge or a very small fee). Options from memory are the color and light mounts and expanded metal in the center section. I snapped some pictures this morning. I didn't get good communication when I emailed them either. I called and spoke with someone whose name I can't recall. The contact info I have is:
> Clay Taylor
> Arc-Rite Welding &Truck Accessories
> 5555 W US Hwy 90
> Del Rio, TX 78840
> 830-774-6058
> [email protected]

They didn't have pictures when I ordered. I sent them some pictures of mine after I installed it. There weren't many (or any) options for a brush guard so I just went with it and bought it. They are legit.

Attachments

• Raptor1.jpeg
    Raptor1.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Raptor2.jpeg
    Raptor2.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 67
  • Raptor3.jpeg
    Raptor3.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 67
  • raptor4.jpeg
    raptor4.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 71
  • raptor5.jpeg
    raptor5.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
K

Kbobk

Reaction score

Nice looking front end solution. I am from Austin, but the job market was weak when I graduated college, so I moved to Houston... and have been stuck here since.

blacksunshine

Reaction score
Makes sense. Thanks for the response and help! I will call them Monday to place my order.

QUOTE=Kbobk;1266745]Relax.... Weight is probably 100lbs. Can't recall exactly, but it easy enough for two guys to pick up and mount or load in the back of the truck. They make each brush guard to order. When you order you specify the options (which I think are no extra charge or a very small fee). Options from memory are the color and light mounts and expanded metal in the center section. I snapped some pictures this morning. I didn't get good communication when I emailed them either. I called and spoke with someone whose name I can't recall. The contact info I have is:
> Clay Taylor
> Arc-Rite Welding &Truck Accessories
> 5555 W US Hwy 90
> Del Rio, TX 78840
> 830-774-6058
> [email protected]

They didn't have pictures when I ordered. I sent them some pictures of mine after I installed it. There weren't many (or any) options for a brush guard so I just went with it and bought it. They are legit.[/QUOTE]

cobraplay

Reaction score
I purchased the Arc-Rite guard a couple months ago for my 2018 after seeing it on a post, I called them to see if they actually made one for a 2018. I am very happy with it. I hated putting a guard on the truck and was afraid I would hate the look but I think it looks good (to each his own). Almost every time someone says man I love that truck- they follow it up with- and that grill guard is awesome. It is not a dozer blade but it is pretty darn heavy. The upper mounts are pretty stout. The main reason for having it is deer. We are in Southeast Kansas and they are thick. I live in the country on a farm and we have deer hits on the highway all the time. My wife has hit two in the last year and I have hit three in the last two years. I have a Westin HDX on my 2012 f150 and it is similar as far as the side protection. It held up fine on all three deer it has smoked. I am sure a 70+ mph direct hit is gonna do some damage but I think it will hold up for most hits. Hopefully I don't find out.

I couldn't stand for not having my tow hooks. I actually use and need tow hooks. I manufactured tow hooks out of 3/4" plate that go inside the frame and attach to the original tow hook mounting location, they just attach inside the frame as opposed to the bottom side of the frame. I will attempt to attach some pictures, I have only posted a couple times so hopefully I can figure it out. The tow hooks had to have a curve in them to get around the guard so they will put a little side load on the frame but I don't think it will be a problem. I put a clevis on each side and just leave them. I don't have any pics with the clevis.

I ordered it without the expanded metal in the center so it wouldn't totally block the front camera. I figured I would have to relocate the adaptive sensor but tried it and I have no issues with it. It works fine.

It took me a about two weeks to get it after I ordered it. I would buy it again.

Attachments

• towhook.jpg
    towhook.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 73
  • towhook2.jpg
    towhook2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 67
  • brush2.jpg
    brush2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 79
  • brush5.jpg
    brush5.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
  • brush1.jpg
    brush1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 78
  • brush4.jpg
    brush4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
K

Kbobk

Reaction score
I purchased the Arc-Rite guard a couple months ago for my 2018 after seeing it on a post, I called them to see if they actually made one for a 2018. I am very happy with it. I hated putting a guard on the truck and was afraid I would hate the look but I think it looks good (to each his own). Almost every time someone says man I love that truck- they follow it up with- and that grill guard is awesome. It is not a dozer blade but it is pretty darn heavy. The upper mounts are pretty stout. The main reason for having it is deer. We are in Southeast Kansas and they are thick. I live in the country on a farm and we have deer hits on the highway all the time. My wife has hit two in the last year and I have hit three in the last two years. I have a Westin HDX on my 2012 f150 and it is similar as far as the side protection. It held up fine on all three deer it has smoked. I am sure a 70+ mph direct hit is gonna do some damage but I think it will hold up for most hits. Hopefully I don't find out.

I couldn't stand for not having my tow hooks. I actually use and need tow hooks. I manufactured tow hooks out of 3/4" plate that go inside the frame and attach to the original tow hook mounting location, they just attach inside the frame as opposed to the bottom side of the frame. I will attempt to attach some pictures, I have only posted a couple times so hopefully I can figure it out. The tow hooks had to have a curve in them to get around the guard so they will put a little side load on the frame but I don't think it will be a problem. I put a clevis on each side and just leave them. I don't have any pics with the clevis.

I ordered it without the expanded metal in the center so it wouldn't totally block the front camera. I figured I would have to relocate the adaptive sensor but tried it and I have no issues with it. It works fine.

It took me a about two weeks to get it after I ordered it. I would buy it again.

Good looking truck. Clever fix on the hooks. Did you have the hooks made somewhere? I wouldn’t mind getting some hooks back on the front of the truck.