Brush Guard

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Kbobk, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Kbobk

Kbobk Member

Yes the tow hooks come out and the guard has boxed steel mounting points on the bottom that bolt up where the hooks used to on the the frame. You also loose the plastic trim pieces that trimmed out the bumper around the tow hooks. Then there are two brackets that mount over the top of the bumper. Just like a Ranch Hand.

Main difference between the Ranch hand and this one is that the Ranch Hands have the I beam for the two vertical sections (for bumping gates) that bolt to the frame of the truck and this one is all tubular, but on this one all the tubes are larger diameter than the RH.

From a weight/stoutness perspective, it is close to the same as the RH's I've had on my F250's.

You can order them however you want (light bar options, grate, color, etc). I chose not to have the expanded metal in the center, so the camera would be less obstructed.

7GenTex likes this.
  2. brc misfit

brc misfit FRF Addict

Around here we shoot deer, not run them over. Seems some mad max style spikes welded to the bumper would suit your needs. Though the bumper guard would be nice in commute traffic.

3. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

Didn't someone just post pics last week of a ranch style bumper after a deer hit? Broke a weld and folded right back.

4. 7GenTex

7GenTex Full Access Member

Key word "style"

Ranch Hand "style" - most are jewelry..............

Get the real deal, or built similar.

I have seen a few Ranch Hands after high speed deer encounters....
    No folding / no broken welds - no truck grill / body damage (messy though!)

rtmozingo and SilverBolt like this.
  5. blacksunshine

blacksunshine Member

That is exactly what I've been looking for! What was the price and does it affect any sensors like adaptive cruise?

6. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

They do on my road into the plant nearly every day.

That's a pretty good looking guard OP. My old truck (sold it to my brother) had the grill guard my grandfather put on it when new...saved it from getting totaled when he hit a deer at 45 driving back to College station about 6 months ago. Built pretty much like that one is. There is definitely value in these things, and I've thought somewhat about running one.

24098883_2091210621099290_1858251530_n.jpg 24099580_2091210614432624_1933693889_n.jpg 24171808_2091210557765963_602014565_n.jpg 24099683_2091217194431966_1147227248_n.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    blacksunshine likes this.
  7. Kbobk

Kbobk Member

It was circa $500 or $550 delivered from memory. It doesn't affect the sensors or the adaptive cruise. The only thing it affected was partially blocking the view of the front camera.

rtmozingo and blacksunshine like this.
  8. blacksunshine

blacksunshine Member

Good to hear. How long did it take to get it from the time you ordered and how hard was the install?

9. Kbobk

Kbobk Member

It took a week to 10 days to be delivered from when I ordered it. Pretty quick process from order to delivery.

It wasn't too hard to install. It was kind of unnerving taking apart my brand new truck, but none of it was hard to do. For me the sketchiest part was when I had to remove the radar unit for the adaptive cruise which sits behind the bumper (about a 6" x 6" and 1/2" deep unit). You have to remove the box to access some bolts behind it to drop the bumper all the way off. Then you just bolt it back on. I just had total paranoia about pulling the unit off, because of the way it sits on these adjustable mounts. After some liquid courage it was off and a few minutes it was back on. No big deal in hindsight.

Total install was maybe three to four hours. It would take me around two hours now that I know what all needs to be done.

10. blacksunshine

blacksunshine Member

Do you have more pics of it like a side shot? I think I may order on Monday.