Brown Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022 Ruth

Reaction score
Not sure if this is anything but since I stopped using any kind of tire shine decades ago my tires always stay black. Not shiny though :)

I forget what the product is called but I saw on horsepower TV a while back a product that you use like once a year that is a tire shine with black in it that seems to “soak” into the tire and almost dye it. Cant remember the name. Looked like it worked.

Last edited:

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So anyone got anything better to add to this? I've now learned the technical term as "tire bloom" and the chemical is called antiozonant long story short the tires I bought have the bloom on them and its being a royal pain in the ass to get it off. Tried the black magic tire cleaner I have and it just laughed at me. Any tips before I make a claim on these tires

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an update on the tires and everything is good. So what I thought was tire bloom was actually the release agent on the tires. I ended up using a heat gun to get what appears to be a wax that needs a fair bit of heat for it to start to liquify. I bought various chemicals and it did absolutely nothing. Figured I'd share for anyone that comes across a similar scenario.20220310_163420.jpg20220310_170311.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an update on the tires and everything is good. So what I thought was tire bloom was actually the release agent on the tires. I ended up using a heat gun to get what appears to be a wax that needs a fair bit of heat for it to start to liquify. I bought various chemicals and it did absolutely nothing. Figured I'd share for anyone that comes across a similar scenario.View attachment 345787View attachment 345788
That turned out really well.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My process... bi-weekly cleaning with Brake Buster. Every 2 months I do a "reset" on the tires to strip them of any old dressing using a dedicated rubber and tire cleaner along with a Tuf Shine brush. Then if I'm going to Starbucks or the mall, I'll dress the tires and wipe to a matte shine. Just say "NO" to shiny tires! :laughing1:

Attachments

• IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 18

klvanzu

Reaction score
I have an update on the tires and everything is good. So what I thought was tire bloom was actually the release agent on the tires. I ended up using a heat gun to get what appears to be a wax that needs a fair bit of heat for it to start to liquify. I bought various chemicals and it did absolutely nothing. Figured I'd share for anyone that comes across a similar scenario.View attachment 345787View attachment 345788
Wow, just had this same problem and your tip worked like a charm. Thanks!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always used Simple Green and get great results, but it needs to be done every three to four months.
The heat gun idea seems legit as I always use the hottest water possible and straight Simple Geen when scrubbing the damn tires.
I've thought about buying a steam cleaner but that's nuts, not to mention my wife would kill me. LOL

Anyway this just arrived today, a great seat for doing brown tire syndrome;
@AdamsPolishes
What do you have that will work, with just one apply and rinse with getting rid of brown tire?
BTW, what a great beer holder, Adams Polishes!!!

IMG_20220501_172612965.jpg

Last edited: