Brown Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
858A68C8-B27A-4B2F-B70D-D5E089EDC8DA.png

This stuff is excellent,
Will clean the brown off back to a matte black like they are new

This isn’t a dressing and doesn’t attract dirt. The brown color is oxidation. Get a tire brush as well to scrub the tire, I have a separate for the tire and the wheel brush is a bit softer

RickC

Reaction score
I've used Goop Hand Cleaner for years. Put some in a scrub brush or power brush on a wet tire and clean away. It actually will leave a little shine to the tire - not as good a tire dressing but it also does not fly off onto the paint or attract dust.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Castrol Super Clean will do it if you just want it clean. You just spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes, then spray it off. You want to minimize getting it on the wheels, as it left to dry it can soften the coating (if the wheels are not powder coated).
You can also use the original 'No Touch' tire foam, but it will leave the tires shiny-some like that, some don't. It works good to get the brown off as well....but, if you get it on the wheels it will attract dust like no other, so after you spray the foam and it runs off, etc., just wipe the wheel out with a rag and that stops it from attracting dust.

Faster48

Reaction score
I have had great luck with Simple Green full strength. Ive used it for years to clean mx bikes and it gets the tires nice and black. Also works on car/truck tires