Brough my Raptor home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice looking truck. For the CarPlay issue ensure that both your phone and Sync have their latest respective updates. I haven’t had a CarPlay disconnect since I did the update to build 20282

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. It’s kind of odd that I looked at a 2019 on Saturday with the same wheels and it also had the same inserts in the front bumper.
13CDEF3F-7175-47F0-8B33-45857F311903.jpeg 09036E90-7233-4454-AE0A-1F3447F174BD.jpeg

OP
OP
Faster48

Faster48

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Very happy with it so far. I always put custom wheels in my vehicles so I was hoping I’d like them in person... and I do.
This one is a 20 and only had 4398 miles so it’s like new still

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! That’s a great looking Raptor. Enjoy that beast.

Have you been able to get CarPlay working at this point? You should be at Sync v3.4 in a ‘20. Even the base should be fine to get you going, but check for updates. I take it your phone is relatively up to date?

Using a good cable as I think you said? You can do a master reset of the sync system and then pair your phone to Sync. Or you can go to settings and remove the phone and add it again. BT on as well?

You can also check the CarPlay option on your phone and remove the truck if it’s there to start fresh.

You may still occasionally have CarPlay problems and the phone won’t come up in Sync. Two ways to normally and quickly resolve is to either reboot the phone or a soft reset of sync which is done by holding the power button down and pressing the forward button(right side of the media button).

Hope this helps.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up My new (to me) Raptor in NC Sunday afternoon. The PO took such amazing care of this truck that it is 100% better than it would come new from the dealer. I’m totally blown away.

Driving 7 hours back to Pa was a breeze and a way better option than trusting it to a shipper. I was coming back from a quick trip to Fla so had my copilot drop me off at the airport next to the PO’s house. Couldn’t have worked out better.

I owe Todd a giant thank you for making the process so simple and being a super stand up guy.

I did have an issue with CarPlay quitting on me or resetting a few times which was annoying. Had a second cable in my travel bag I tried but had the same issue. Oh well, I’ll figure it out later.

had to shuffle some bikes around to make it fit in the bay where the Tacoma usually sits. These things are wide!

View attachment 162438

View attachment 162439

My 2020 had carplay issues all the time. So I just stopped trying to use it. But I was really wanting it to work so I tried to set it up a different way. All I did was hit the voice command button and said carplay !! And it came up and loaded differently and now works perfectly and has not had an issue for at least a month or more. Not sure if it will work for you but its worth a try..