GEN 2 BroncoAZ’s Scab is home!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No front plates in Arizona?

No front plate required, it was in NM where I purchased the truck. Fortunately the bracket came off very easily with just two screws. My wife removed it while I was working on the Diamondback cover, she didn’t ask she just did it because she knew it was on the list.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats man . Does your wife have a sister that is single? What mods do you have planned? .
I have a stack of stuff to install , between miserable heat an covid 80 hour work weeks ,they will be sitting for a while.

IMG_20200220_183812.jpg

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man . Does your wife have a sister that is single? What mods do you have planned? .
I have a stack of stuff to install , between miserable heat an covid 80 hour work weeks ,they will be sitting for a while.

View attachment 149032

Unfortunately no sister is available.

It’s been a bit warm in Flagstaff recently, mid to high 80’s by day, but I’ll survive. Fortunately we installed AC in the house in June. I’ve been doing lots of travel for work, I’ll be gone for most of August and driving my sedan.

I have the following mods and such planned:

Warranty/Maintenance:
Flood Ford ESP 8/125 $2345
Flood Ford Maintenance 8/125 $2740

General mods:
Diamondback HD tonneau cover $1560 already installed
E&G console gun safe $295
Built Right dash mount $45
Built Right seat latch $30
Rockblockz mud flaps $160
3D Maxpider floor liners $215
Clear bra $500

Suspension/wheels:
Deaver +3 or Icon leaf springs $1450
1” drop shackles $200
Air Bumpstop kit $1500

Lighting:
Rigid or Baja Designs bumper pods, I already have two pairs of Rigids (SAE fogs and D2) on the shelf as well as a 20” SR bar
Rigid or Baja Designs flush fit backup lights

Also considering:
Ceramic coating, not sure if I can get a hookup
Bolt on front bumper, ADD or SVC, need to figure out before buying any lights
Larger intercooler for those frequent trips to Phoenix

I’m not interested in tuning or other things that could void warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scheduled PPF and Ceramic for 8/25 and 8/26. The wife said that would be my birthday present. The truck won’t be driven much between now and then due to my work schedule and the fact that I still have my old car.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried an unsuccessful search....... Nice truck. No kids so really like the SCAB. Mine is coming from an out of state dealer that requires a front plate and I live in Phoenix so no front plate requirement. I had another car once that dealer traded same situation and it came complete with custom 1/4 inch sheet metal screw holes right in the painted front bumper-not cool. But it looks like the bracket for the front plate screws into bosses in the lower honeycombed intercooler panel so no harm no foul if a front license plate mount had been attached. Is that true? Thanks!

fueler

Reaction score
@BroncoAZ Truck looks awesome and I'm glad you found one after the cancellation. Seeing your Scab makes me want mine that much more.

My order still looking good and no bad news. Went to the dealer last weekend and still on track to be built which should be starting this first week in Aug. I can track it on the vehicle order tracking website. About 2 weeks ago all it did was verify the order number and selling dealer. Today I can see the window sticker and it matches the order as submitted the day I placed the order.

My wife has an identical twin sister. But she plays for the other side. She won't even listen to a **** joke. You're welcome to take a shot at it though!

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried an unsuccessful search....... Nice truck. No kids so really like the SCAB. Mine is coming from an out of state dealer that requires a front plate and I live in Phoenix so no front plate requirement. I had another car once that dealer traded same situation and it came complete with custom 1/4 inch sheet metal screw holes right in the painted front bumper-not cool. But it looks like the bracket for the front plate screws into bosses in the lower honeycombed intercooler panel so no harm no foul if a front license plate mount had been attached. Is that true? Thanks!

The bracket screws into the bumper, but I think the holes would already be there anyway. The remaining holes aren’t very noticeable but I will probably find some magnetic touch up paint or some black plugs to fill them if I keep the factory bumper long term.

My wife’s VW Touareg came from CA and had a front plate with three (?!) holes in the plastic bumper. There are two dimples from the dealer using too long of sheetmetal screws in the bracket that pushed through into the bumper. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BroncoAZ Truck looks awesome and I'm glad you found one after the cancellation. Seeing your Scab makes me want mine that much more.

My order still looking good and no bad news. Went to the dealer last weekend and still on track to be built which should be starting this first week in Aug. I can track it on the vehicle order tracking website. About 2 weeks ago all it did was verify the order number and selling dealer. Today I can see the window sticker and it matches the order as submitted the day I placed the order.

My wife has an identical twin sister. But she plays for the other side. She won't even listen to a **** joke. You're welcome to take a shot at it though!

When did you order? And Scab, correct? I now love the Velocity Blue and the new truck I have in the garage.

Last edited: