Bronco Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who says this is watering down the Raptor name? if its just a capable then it deserves the name. but yes the warthog would sound cool but i totally understand why the call it the raptor too. Brand recognition will help it sell
Plenty of other vehicles that are capable, I’m just not in favor of reusing the same name for a different model vehicle. Just my opinion, Ford execs obviously think otherwise.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of other vehicles that are capable, I’m just not in favor of reusing the same name for a different model vehicle. Just my opinion, Ford execs obviously think otherwise.
I def see both sides of this as they could have differentiated the models with different names. Personally, I dont think its a big deal. Unfortunately, the precedent of using the Raptor name/brand on another model was already set when they tagged it to the Ranger.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I was just anticipating something different because of how different all the other packages were, including sasquatch, which I really like. Expected something more unique or creative. In the end it doesn't matter what they call it, it's frickin' cool.

Terry32579

Reaction score
A lot of folks do not know that Ford placed the Raptor engine 3.5L 410HP, 510 LB torque into the 2018 Lincoln Navigator.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like they’re cheapening and narrowing the brand. But it takes creativity and competence in the marketing department to broaden the brand and generate actual cachet.
Like the "New Chevy Blazer"? I had a lifted and fully caged 2wd '79 Blazer. Big motor & Big tires. Carbon fiber dash, racing seats, harnesses, etc.Imagine my disappointment when I saw the current **** with the same name

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I was just anticipating something different because of how different all the other packages were, including sasquatch, which I really like. Expected something more unique or creative. In the end it doesn't matter what they call it, it's frickin' cool.
Reminds me of when the Bronco was replaced with the "Bronco II". Or when the Mustang was replaced with the 4-cyl version seen on Charlie's Angels. You know how many people were disappointed when they saw the New Version? Roughly all of them. Corporations still haven't learned. When I order a Coke I don't mean a diet Coke. When I order Levi jeans I don't want the dolphin-safe eco-friendly version. When I order bacon I don't want tofu.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the "New Chevy Blazer"? I had a lifted and fully caged 2wd '79 Blazer. Big motor & Big tires. Carbon fiber dash, racing seats, harnesses, etc.Imagine my disappointment when I saw the current **** with the same name
I'm sure. Thankfully I've never been a Chevy fan, cuz the **** they stick their names on is terribly disappointing.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when the Bronco was replaced with the "Bronco II". Or when the Mustang was replaced with the 4-cyl version seen on Charlie's Angels. You know how many people were disappointed when they saw the New Version? Roughly all of them. Corporations still haven't learned. When I order a Coke I don't mean a diet Coke. When I order Levi jeans I don't want the dolphin-safe eco-friendly version. When I order bacon I don't want tofu.
I think the worst one was when ford was gonna put the mustang name on what turned out to be the probe. Front wheel drive and Mazda based to boot:puke:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The Ranger based II obviously wasn't a replacement of the full size Bronco.

In fact, the Bronco was produced longer than the Bronco II. Bronco ran until 1991 (Cough OJ Cough) but the Bronco II last year was 1990.

The Bronco II was the true birth of the SUV- given it spawned the Explorer within Ford, which became the defacto SUV and still is.

And Mustangs have had V8 options every single year of production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free