Bronco Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warthog

Reaction score
Well, it is official:

In my opinion, Ford should have called it something different like the Warthog and not the Raptor. The side vents look tacky to me and they have the word “Raptor” blasted all over the vehicle based on other reviews. Nevertheless, I bet this thing rips off-road. Kudos to Ford to building the baddest high-speed production suv in the world.

I can’t imagine the delivery timelines for this given all the other Bronco issues Ford has had while also struggling to build 37 Gen 3 Raptors in a timely manner.
I like the name of “Warthog”

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
who says this is watering down the Raptor name? if its just a capable then it deserves the name. but yes the warthog would sound cool but i totally understand why the call it the raptor too. Brand recognition will help it sell

To be honest, I am glad they are calling it the Raptor and not Warthog. I don't mind the name Warthog, but to me, it just wouldn't have fit the Bronco style.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the name of “Warthog”
Me too. It was awesome. The imagery it brought. And the actual warthog isn't a commonly known critter, so it's perfect. Everyone can project whatever they imagine onto it. This way, the (F150)Raptor is always going to be the unconscious comparison. And the Bronco is little. And size matters. At least to Americans. That's not the comparison you want customers to make. I'm sticking to my guns that this was a major blunder by Ford marketing.

Vader

Reaction score
I disagree. I mean, I don't care that much, but the argument that they're cheapen the brand seems more subjective than objective. No Raptor owner likes to think of it this way, but Raptor is still a trim level, not it's own individual model. I didn't have a problem with their being a F150 Tremor as well as a F250 Tremor. Wouldn't care if they added those trims to the Ranger or Maverick either, as long as the trims had the same purpose in each model.

Really, I thought it was silly for them to come up with all new trim level names for the Bronco. I would have rather seen them stick with XL, XLT, Lariat, etc. I like a logical, organized naming convention. And anyone who's familiar with Ford trucks would immediately have an idea what that means on a Bronco. What the hell does "Outer Bank" mean? I'm more disappointed in that then using the Raptor trim name, and think it's kind of stupid to use the same AND different trim names.

Ford's logistical issues aside, I think they have been pretty spot on in the models they release. Wouldn't be surprised if demand has never been higher, atleast in terms of reservations for yet to be released models.

And somewhat unrelated, I think this somewhat answers why Ford released the Raptor in 2021, instead of waiting another year like they did before. They didn't want to release Raptor and Bronco Raptor in the same year.
A actually saw a Ranger Tremor on HWY 6 south of College Station. Thought to my self WTH? Guess it could have been a trick vinyl job but it looked like a real one to me. (Sorry no pics)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My wife has suddenly decided she wants this.
She just doesn’t know it yet.
Ha ha, I should ban you for even thinking about giving me a facepalm... :pepper:
Says the guy who let sasquatch77 troll here for YEARS....

Short bus! Now that is not a good image. LOL

Bronco: Wildtrack(SP?), Badlands, Outer Banks, First Edition and now... Short Bus

BSB for short. I like it.

I have that 3.0 in my Lincoln, and it’s plenty fun in a car and the ST Exploder. I’ll be interested to see how it does in the BSB.

Lots of folks said the SVT Contour cheapened the brand, and I think there were howls of concern for the Focus RS... Even the Exploder ST (if you haven’t driven one, it’s really kind of fun).
Let’s give them a chance to acquit themselves on the name.

@melvimbe: I hear you on the trim/model but I would point out that the Raptor is a unique trim in that by selecting it you get basically an entirely different 1/2 ton truck; frame, body, suspension, powertrain. So, is that really a different F150 trim?

I suppose you can say the same or similar for the regular Bronco vs. the Bronco Short Bus edition, and TBH I’d need to consider it more before engaging the likes of you in a debate on this topic ;-) I’ll admit, it’s Friday and post 5:00 PM so I’m going to need some prep to be debating you...

Now, my wife needs to find out how much she likes this new Raptor.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Branding and brand names matter.. The most well known highway exit for off road desert racing in SoCal was "Sidewinder Road" on the 15, just south of Barstow. It was stupidly renamed "outlet center drive" when a retail outlet selling junk was built at the next offramp (which was already called Lenwood). Some of us will ALWAYS call it Sidewinder, because it means you're not a newbie and a road named after a snake gets more respect than one meant to entice you to buy a new pair of high heels.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Life's too short for me to GAF if they call it a Raptor, it will always be a Bronco Raptor in the auto community, there is only one original Raptor...and it has a v8. :)