Broken valve spring and dropped valve 2013 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a second opinion. Did they pull the valve cover at least?

simon300x

Reaction score
I have repaired many of these, had one last week, very rare that they actually drop the valve. Most of the time it’s a missfire issue. From the pics it did not drop the valve. All they have to do is to remove the valve cover and remove the rocker arm asst, preform a cylinder leakage test and see if the valve is damaged. I’ve only seen 1 6.2 damage a valve or piston in all the ones that we have repaired! A new valve spring is a really easy and quick fix.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Pics didn’t look like any real damage to the piston or block

Raptor-Gary

Reaction score
I just broke an intake valve spring (Cylinder # 6) on my 2013 Raptor and it looks like I bent the valve!!! I put the cylinder is at TDC and both valves have gap. Yet the air at 100psi is just rushing into the intake. I tried both spark plug holes and the same. So, I assume it bent that one intake valve. Where do we go from here?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you pull the valve up closed with some protected jaw pliers or channellocks ? Your going to have to pull intake, front timing chain cover , chain and that head cylinder head off.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would be worried about head damage. thats going to be a big job. hopefully it can be welded and machined back to specs or i have a feeling its going to be a lot more expensive