Broken valve spring and dropped valve 2013 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look for a used cylinder head, that is going to be your cheapest quickest fix. The heads on these are identical to the super duty, so they are plentiful. It looks like the damage to the piston is superficial?

Reaction score
It’s great seeing i’m not the only one with this issue. Over the weekend my truck also broke a valve spring, I see a lot of metal debris under the valve cover. I’ll be pulling the head as soon as I get a chance to view over and inspect what damage was done. Hopefully the valve never actually dropped and my short block is okay

lxh89

Reaction score
It’s great seeing i’m not the only one with this issue. Over the weekend my truck also broke a valve spring, I see a lot of metal debris under the valve cover. I’ll be pulling the head as soon as I get a chance to view over and inspect what damage was done. Hopefully the valve never actually dropped and my short block is okay
It's an easy fix... I swapped my valve spring after it failed and the truck ran like a champ.

Tony

bstrick

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me... 2014 SCREW @105k. Same #5 cylinder.
Block walls were fine but cylinder head damaged. Was told 6k for new cylinder head or 12k for new engine.
No crate or long block engines available at the moment (Lets go Brandon) so they have to get a small block and build engine... explaining high cost.
I went with the new engine.