Broken spindles/upright

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
what's a spindle?

edit: there I added a replacement function to the entire forum. Hover over the word spindle

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Breaking a spindle was one of my biggest concerns especially once i began to upgrade components and go faster. spindle reinforcement is highly recommended in my opinion

Last edited:

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has bent/broken a spindle while running the stock wheels. All of pictures I have seen that show damaged spindles are of Raptors with aftermarket wheels.
Given the extra leverage of 0 offset wheels, maybe this problem is related to that more than any aftermarket part attached to the spindle?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has bent/broken a spindle while running the stock wheels. All of pictures I have seen that show damaged spindles are of Raptors with aftermarket wheels.
Given the extra leverage of 0 offset wheels, maybe this problem is related to that more than any aftermarket part attached to the spindle?

That's part of it. Move the center of the wheel further away from the ball joints and no good times. No noodle salad.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know phyguy was running stock wheels this weekend when his broke due to hitting a washout