broken spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mccoy1132

Reaction score
Has anyone has the misfortune of breaking spark plugs when removing to replace with new? The passenger lower front plug broke and it is very hard to get to because of the shock mount/tower. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove or get easier access? I am told this is a common issue and that I will have to take it in to the Ford service department to repair, possibly remove head or raise engine. Thughts and comments welcome

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone has the misfortune of breaking spark plugs when removing to replace with new? The passenger lower front plug broke and it is very hard to get to because of the shock mount/tower. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove or get easier access? I am told this is a common issue and that I will have to take it in to the Ford service department to repair, possibly remove head or raise engine. Thughts and comments welcome
You're talking about the 6.2, I just did my plugs and made an extension that removed that plug like butter. Can you get a socket on the plug still or not? I will look for my picture of my socket ext for you.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the last pic you'll see the extension I used to change those plugs, very easy. Notice though the longer extension has a built in swivel at the end of the extension which enables the whole piece to go up and over the shock tower, it takes two hands to get it in there, but there is no binding or anything, came off like butter. I had my tires and wheel well liners removed and just sat on a chair to change the plugs from the side.

4d71ff0e-7110-4e90-96ad-7b73cefb83be-jpeg.323434

c2c3aad3-4c9d-46d3-8fd4-65c9f923d9e3-jpeg.323435

8100dec3-6265-462b-893e-d213780e42a3-jpeg.323436

11c6d86b-6619-4ec2-bdfa-9c70b660b3b9-jpeg.323437

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, is there any tool you can get in that space to remove?