GEN 2 Broken side marker light... anything other than stock available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side side marker missing its cover...no idea when/how it happened.

i-s9LWMWZ-X5.jpg

I figured if I’m gonna replace, might as well get smoked lenses. However, just spent the last 1/2 hour searching, and maybe my google-fu is weak or I’m just too tired after working on the truck and projects all day. No luck finding even stock parts through my usual online vendors.

finding tons of options for 1st gen Raptors, but nothing for my ‘18.

Before I go to the stealership parts dept, wait a week for them to get it in, and then pay an arm and a leg for a replacement, anyone have an alternate source?

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Saw they fit 1st gen and assumed it was a mistake...thought the plugs were different for the second gen.

will call them on Monday to confirm they fit.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so they will work, but the connector is off by 90 degrees.

Stock:
i-ZsCvrZH-X3.jpg

Recon:
i-QNtb2kh-X3.jpg

So rather than send them back, I simply swapped the stock connector over to the new lights (wires are basically the same). Easier said than done...stock connector have a cross-shaped ‘lock’ that slides down inside the connector. That thing was a pain in the ass to slide up (unlock) and back down to lock.

Worked a treat though:
i-vrnQFwW-X4.jpg

Too dark to get a good pic of them on the truck right now, but they look great. I like the smoked look; especially on my grey truck. Will take a pic in the morning...

And will advise Recon that those lights fit perfectly, but definitely NOT a plug and play option for Gen 2 trucks.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just home from running errands all day... quick crappy pic before the sun sets

i-pVZrMLK-X4.jpg

And the pups seem to like them too!

i-6ss5V2k-X4.jpg

...or maybe the cat under my son’s truck had their attention! LOL