Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Broken in last night

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by drtexas72, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Raptus

Raptus Full Access Member

That was his treat!

2. richnot

richnot Full Access Member

I had received this in the mail the other day and it`s regarding a class action lawsuit regarding the door latch on Ford trucks.

It states that:You may be entitled to a settlement to money if you paid for a repair to address a door latch defect in your Ford F Series Vehicle or you are dissatisfied with the door latch performance. You have to check if your truck is range 2015-2018

Define performance? I received a notice about the door latch freezing and my dealer told me I`d be better off leaving it alone lol

WWW.FSeriesDoorLatchSettlement.com

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  3. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Full Access Member

I usually wire in a rear winch lead direct to the main battery on my trucks with a set of quick disconnect jumper cables, I see no reason why I couldn’t use them in reverse to power my truck if needed. It wouldn’t surprise me if the trailer battery circuit went through something else making what you propose not possible. Another option would be a pair of accessible leads somewhere up front that could be used to power the door locks at least.

4. Spectragod

Spectragod FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Reeeaaallllyyyy? See my sig pic? Toy poodles baby......

isis likes this.
  5. 1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2 Full Access Member

Other option is popping the hood latch through grill . If positive pin 4 of trailer wiring is connected to a relay .

6. MRFORDMAN

MRFORDMAN Member

Hotels suck. I flew out to the twin cities from Utah a week ago and picked up my raptor. The most stressful part of planning the trip was finding lodging where my new truck wouldn't get messed with. I opted for a B&B well outside of Rapid City and I'm glad I did.

7. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Full Access Member

It took a couple hours, and was a bit of a PITA. The hardest part, as I recall, was prying off a little access panel inside the door cubby. It took some wiggling and cursing, and I did break off one clip- which on a week-old $65k truck is kind of nerve-racking.

The peace-of-mind is good, though. I also chose my bed cover specifically because it was at least a little more difficult than most to get into.

No shit: I’m current sitting on the balcony at my hotel, having a bourbon and a smoke, over-looking my truck. It’s got just over $40k in precision .338 ammo in the bed, that I’m delivering tomorrow. No way was I going to hand-truck it into the hotel. Just gotta hope that no POS gets curious about the slight sag in my suspension.

I think I’m going to do the drop-legs right off the battery line is suggested below.

You’d probably get away with hooking a trickle charger up through your trailer lights, but I think trying to jump it through those wires would draw enough amperage to burn them.

P4SHOCAT likes this.
  8. Spectragod

[​IMG]

I have toy poodles too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isis likes this.
  9. isis

isis Full Access Member

Joke backfire 101.

10. Spectragod

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

The gray one looks ready to rip someone's lip off ...