broken headlight glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawksfan

Reaction score
My headlight glass got broken tonight either by someone throwing something at my truck (nice shot man) or a big ass bird. In any case, the headlights still work but the glass (seems like plexiglass) cover is broken. Is it possible to replace just that cover or do I need an entire new assembly? TIA

gopher870

Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless you are a budding DIYer you will need a new one ($1300-1400 with delivery) last time i checked. A used one (i was seeing them for $600-$800), or a used broken one ($ vary greatly) with the plastic glass still intact and you do surgery with a Dremel and replace your working one.

If you go the DIY route, please document and post. I'm sure many would be interested since the cost of the new one is so high.

A helpful tip if you go new: The new light does not come completely plug and play. There is a small electronic module that needs to be harvested from the back/bottom side of your old one. But other than that, it is a direct replacement that is relatively easy. There is a bolt that is accessed from the side between the bumper and fender that some have difficulty with, but if you take your time and use an extension you should have no problem.

Good luck.

OP
OP
H

hawksfan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
-I will probably just have it installed -no free time right now
-It is pretty shattered so cutting out broken part is not really an option
-I am sure insurance would cover but I have 1000 deductible so I am not sure it is worth the claim.
-I will report back with OTD cost