GEN 1 Broken front LCA mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mortega_69

Reaction score
I own 2 Gen 1 raptors one is 2011 one is 2014 and one of mine we took off road ing and got it a little roughed up and bent up the front LCA mount. Here’s a picture of both of them side by side any one have a recommendation other than cutting the frame Inhalf and welding in a new frame.IMG_0051.png

Attachments

• IMG_0052.png
    IMG_0052.png
    845.8 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
M

Mortega_69

Reaction score
sorry for not clarifying. Front lower control arm mount (Circled in red) is all bent up ignore anti sway bar I can fix that but the LCA mount is bent up picture with one circle is a good LCA mount picture with 2 circles is the bent one with a tear I can weld the tear but I’m not sure how to unbend that or cut and weld a new one I don’t even know if anyone sells them. Inside circle shows the heavy damage areaIMG_0126.jpegIMG_0125.jpeg

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am usually all in for cutting/grinding/welding things to fix them, but given that the alignment of the LCA is directly impacted by the section that is folded, I think you may have to get some shop support with alignment equipment to pull this out correctly.

That said, KHC makes a slot delete kit which would provide you some helpful templating with what needs to be cut where and how you might want weld it back together. As you probably already guessed, going this route would provide you even less alignment adjustment (read: no LCA adjustment), so if your fix isn't square and true to the frame, you will likely have accelerated wear on your passengers side tire.

Here is a pic of the stage 2 slot delete:
g1s2__57755_1024x1024.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah. i thought the thumbnail pic was the same as the full size pic. now i see it. thats going to take some work. im not sure its something you can do yourself

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah as mentioned, I would opt to have a frame restoration shop bend back the damaged area to ask close within spec as possible. THEN, weld in the KHC support kit. This will A: allow you to get your alignment back as close as possible. B: prevent/make this area almost bullet proof for future off-roading

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own 2 Gen 1 raptors one is 2011 one is 2014 and one of mine we took off road ing and got it a little roughed up and bent up the front LCA mount. Here’s a picture of both of them side by side any one have a recommendation other than cutting the frame Inhalf and welding in a new frame.View attachment 406506
How did you do this? Hit something to hard or what?

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost rolled it well going super fast hit a big bump and the whole weight of the truck went on the front left tire well going like 35 mph not the smartest choice but it was fun
Glad you didn't roll it and everyone is ok, that looks like a rough fix, maybe it can be handled a lot easier than it seems