Broken front camera lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Certainly is odd.

Yup, extremely. I still think it wasn't sealed well and moisture got in it (you can see the moisture haze, even in that picture), which froze. Dealership claims they can see a pit from an impact. They must have better eyesight than my 20/15. It would take one crazy impact to hit that tiny curved lens perfectly enough to break it. I just don't buy it. I'm looking at $300 for a new one unless I can find one that someone doesn't want for some reason.

I'm starting to second guess Ford's warranty. I also had to pay $60 bucks for them to adjust my passenger door that's kinda loose, since somehow that's not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. I'm pretty sure the door sits between the bumpers somewhere, but I'm no mechanic.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yup, extremely. I still think it wasn't sealed well and moisture got in it (you can see the moisture haze, even in that picture), which froze. Dealership claims they can see a pit from an impact. They must have better eyesight than my 20/15. It would take one crazy impact to hit that tiny curved lens perfectly enough to break it. I just don't buy it. I'm looking at $300 for a new one unless I can find one that someone doesn't want for some reason.

I'm starting to second guess Ford's warranty. I also had to pay $60 bucks for them to adjust my passenger door that's kinda loose, since somehow that's not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. I'm pretty sure the door sits between the bumpers somewhere, but I'm no mechanic.
@FordService maybe you can help?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If damaged by impact, your luck is really ******. That tiny little camera lens got hit out of all the other plastic on the front? Seems suspicious to me

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If damaged by impact, your luck is really ******. That tiny little camera lens got hit out of all the other plastic on the front? Seems suspicious to me

No only hit, but hit hard enough to break it? It doesn't appear super thin or flimsy - and if it is, that's a serious design flaw since it's front facing. Also it's curved, giving it even more strength and ability to deflect. I don't buy it at all. Denying claims like this is amazing to me. The ACTUAL cost of that camera to Ford these days is very small and we're talking about a very expensive truck.

Like I said, I'm not impressed with Ford right now.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yep, my dealer told me that they will not warranty any item that "breaks". So if this ever happens to me, they are going to tell me to pound sand too.

I don't get it, Ford dealers seem to find every single way to not warranty things and would rather **** off customers. I have to imagine that this attitude is coming from corporate because they are denying claims making the dealer eat the cost and they must be tired of it.

I don't blame them but Ford needs to pull their heads out of their asses.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, things went as I expected - not well. Ford won't warranty the camera - $285 to replace. I'm not taking them up on it...

It's time for me to get involved, Dane. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll do some digging around and see what I can do to help.

Crystal

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's time for me to get involved, Dane. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll do some digging around and see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Sent! Thanks for any help you can provide.