Broken front camera lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This weekend I noticed that my front camera lens is broken! It has a couple nice cracks through it. It still works, but the cracks make the image look dirty. I don't see ANY evidence of an impact. It looks like moisture inside and I'm assuming it froze - breaking the lens.

Anyone else had this issue? It's going into the dealer on Thursday for this and a couple other things.

This is a 2012 with 35,500 miles.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you don't think a rock hit it?

It's sure possible, but I would think I would see a chip or some sort of impact from that.

And still, come on, it should be able to hold up to standard crap from the road. I mean it IS sitting right on the front of the truck.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since when did any auto manufacturer, including our beloved FOMOCO, ever design anything to withstand any kind of impact from anything, anywhere? I mean come on, that's why they sell replacement parts!

But I would agree, you would think that someone, somewhere, would have experienced this type of failure in the past......

To be honest, I think I've used mine maybe 2-3 times in the last year and a half, so maybe mine's broke and I just don't know it.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since when did any auto manufacturer, including our beloved FOMOCO, ever design anything to withstand any kind of impact from anything, anywhere? I mean come on, that's why they sell replacement parts!

But I would agree, you would think that someone, somewhere, would have experienced this type of failure in the past......

To be honest, I think I've used mine maybe 2-3 times in the last year and a half, so maybe mine's broke and I just don't know it.

I didn't even notice it by using it. I looking at something unrelated under the hood and decided to clean my cameras since they were all mucky from recent snow. The last time I used it was last September and it wasn't broken then. I remember cleaning it and it being clear.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even notice it by using it. I looking at something unrelated under the hood and decided to clean my cameras since they were all mucky from recent snow. The last time I used it was last September and it wasn't broken then. I remember cleaning it and it being clear.

Here's your chance to become rich - design some kind of cool protective cover and make everyone think it's the answer to their problems, mark it up about 500% (since it's Raptor Specific) and boom! Your rolling in the dough....

I should become some kind of consultant or something!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Here's your chance to become rich - design some kind of cool protective cover and make everyone think it's the answer to their problems, mark it up about 500% (since it's Raptor Specific) and boom! Your rolling in the dough....

Should fit the rear camera too.... :specialed:

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Please add a wiper or tear off/roll off like they have dem NASCAR cameras to your design! Money, I tell ya!