Broken coil on Fox suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Springs are cake. The nut on the lower shock bolt is a challenge to tighten back up to spec though.

The rust is the problem on that truck. I was just under mine changing oil and had a good look at the same area on my 2013. You will have cab corners and rocker rust bubbles soon if you buy that.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the concern, everyone has their own level of comfort. But In this situation, if mechanically the all that is majorly wrong is the coil spring trailering it home would be HIGHLY unnecessary IMO. It would be totally fine driving it back like that. The weight of the vehicle would keep that broken part of the coil tightly compressed against the rest of the coil unless he was feeling froggy on the way home and decided to launch it l

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I understand the concern, everyone has their own level of comfort. But In this situation, if mechanically the all that is majorly wrong is the coil spring trailering it home would be HIGHLY unnecessary IMO. It would be totally fine driving it back like that. The weight of the vehicle would keep that broken part of the coil tightly compressed against the rest of the coil unless he was feeling froggy on the way home and decided to launch it l

Yup. The rear coil on wifeys car was broke and who knows how long it was like that, It drove fine. It really didn’t make any unusual noise except a clunk over bigger bumps. F*** rust!!

Attachments

• 79E637BB-1602-4D02-8D08-276098BD2D31.jpeg
    79E637BB-1602-4D02-8D08-276098BD2D31.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 10