Broke.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
They said there was a piece of adhesive stuck to the sensor from the airfilter. He didn't mention any other pieces, but I worry a lot...

Well not to be a ****, but you'll find out if that was all it was sooner or later.....but something tells me if the truck is still running back to normal now, you probably have nothing to worry about :waytogo:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was the reinforcement metal that came apart I'd be worried, but if it was just a little paper media and glue than no biggie.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"A piece of adhesive from the air filter."

Did they show this thing to you? I'm having a little trouble envisioning it. Presuming that you're running the factory paper filter, it's all paper and rubber/silocone border - no adhesive to it.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't see it. I saw the truck in the bay, I saw the tech take it out on a test drive and I saw him put it back in the bay. I was dealing with the Enterprise rental car dude, so I could have misunderstood what he said.

When I pick the thing up tomorrow I"m going to go talk to the tech that worked on it (assuming I can sneak back his bay). But, I'm not too worried...yet.

I think I need to see a shrink. I've been depressed without my truck the last three days.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you need a shrink. We have a lot invested in these trucks. I'm not just talking about money, either, but this truck cost me more than my parents paid for their house. More importantly, we identify with these trucks and invest them with a bit of our own identities. This is old thing. Knights felt much the same about their warhorses.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I thinks it's possible that Chuck Norris is your real father.

Naw! My old man is 6'3" and 84 years old. Well he has shrunk a bit to maybe 6'1" now! hahahaaaaa. No, the were in martial arts their whole lives. Old man is a 9th degree and mom when she passed in 2000 was an 8th degree blackbelt.

My brother who is a actor played a bad guy 6 or 8 times on walker! AHhahaaaaaa.
BDRAG

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the truck back at lunch. Seems to run great. Here are the notes on the Invoice:

"1909 Test EEC. P0300, 0316, KOEO. KOER 2195, 2197, 2270, 2272. Pinpoint. Found MAF contaminated with air filter paper and glue. Removed what could be seen. Road test and monitored PIDs. Still hesitates on accel. MAF forcing everything lean. Replaced MAF. Runs good now."

1 BR3Z*12B579*A Sensory Asy (N/C)
-1 BR3Z*12B579*A Core Retorn (N/C)

They said they would call me back in a few days to check on things.

All seems good and depression seems to have lifted. ;)

Matt