Broke.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
He would be crying more from wanting to be taller than 5'2" tall. HAHahaaaaaaa. I have some pics someplace of Chuck and my mom way back in the 60's when they were at a karate tournament. My mom was short and so was Chuck. Arm in arm they were nearly the same hight. He was a young punk then. Hell, I was only 7.
BDRAG

I thinks it's possible that Chuck Norris is your real father.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the tow truck driver drop the truck right in front of the service bay doors at the ford dealership. They aren't open today, but tomorrow morning they'll have to do something with my truck to get the day started (hopefully put it in a bay and fix it).

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mass Air Flow sensor or fuel pump would be my guess but could be anything. Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Those aren't too serious. I was thinking maybe bad gas...

I'm trying to stay optimistic. I'm hoping I can have the truck back tomorrow after they find whatever was wrong and fix it.

I stopped by the dealer this morning just to crank her up and she's definitely still running rough. I'll be waiting on their front doorstep in the morning to make sure I'm prioritized and to get a rental.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Matt

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pirate and Whtrapta were correct. The mass airflow sensor went bad. The service writer at ford said that the air filter looked defective and a piece broke off and took out the sensor. Part is on order and should be here and repaired tomorrow. At least it's not serious and at least it's not something I caused. The intake is all stock too....I haven't gotten my CAI from thmotorsports.com yet. Whew...

I've owned numerous Fords and I've never had a problem like this. So, I'll chalk it up as a one-time thing. Can't wait to get my truck back and get out of this crappy sebring.

Have a good week,
Matt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that piece did break off, would it have gotten sucked into the motor? If so, should I expect damage there?

Thanks again,
Matt

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
If that piece did break off, would it have gotten sucked into the motor? If so, should I expect damage there?

Thanks again,
Matt

I was just about to ask.....glad it was just the MAF, but did they find that "broken piece" of the air filter?

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They said there was a piece of adhesive stuck to the sensor from the airfilter. He didn't mention any other pieces, but I worry a lot...