Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Broke my truck ('18 802a), but it's fixed now!

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Christopher Manns, Apr 22, 2019.

1. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

In the US, it's not an 85k truck unless you're really bad at car buying... That said, it still shouldn't happen

2. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

Nice! I paid $57k!

Wfo likes this.
  3. Jace21583

Jace21583 Member

I only paid 59 for mine. But this is not an uncommon problem with intercooler piping and couplers on any turbocharged vehicle. I'm assuming this is your first?

4. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

My loaded 18 new for 63k.

5. goblues38

goblues38 Full Access Member

So much this. Don't be afraid to walk out of a dealership. 9 x out of 10 the salesmen will call you back, and find a better number then the number you were haggling on face to face.

Can't tell you how many times i walked away from a dealers best number, only to be called an hour later with a better number if you come back in.

6. crf370

crf370 Member

This exact thing happened to me this past Friday. I had AutoDoctor running, so pulled code P0299. Yesterday I took it in, hose had popped loose. They first started to ask if I had been offroad as I must have knocked it off. I laughed and reminded them that it had been in the previous week when they replaced the noisy autocooler fans and perhaps something wasn't tightened up correctly. They waived the $245 they were trying to charge me. Took about an hour and a half and I had her back. Sucks to drive without turbos, they do make a difference.

7. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

Wrote it up in some thread, but my leftover '18 stickered for $66.8 got it for $59.5 before ttl, that included the dealer throwing in a truxedo rollup tonneau & $1000 credit toward a warranty, which I ended up putting toward a Ford 100k b2b costing $1700 so my total tally came to $60.2k + ttl

not a super deal for a new vehicle in general, but pretty damn good for a new Raptor IMO

Deals are out there, need to be patient & find a dealer willing to work w/ ya....on my side was the fact I put down $47k in cash & was a longtime GM owner so I think they wanted to earn my business for future potential. Also - I found in my area (MA/New England) the smaller dealers who got fewer allocations & in some cases sat on high end trucks longer were more willing to work w/ you vs. the big volume, big name, self financing, highly advertised "mega" dealers.

8. Winchester30

Winchester30 Member

Instead of turning this into a $$ over/ under msrp thread, can you post a picture of what hose is popping off so the rest of us can check and tighten ours, please??

9. Weaklink33

Weaklink33 Member

Mine too on a $72k sticker.

10. docskeet1

docskeet1 Full Access Member

What he said ...

SSWIM and Winchester30 like this.