GEN 1 Bring A Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder how much will be needed to be changed out before it's drivable?

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was one last year that I actually bid on with a few hundred miles on it,on BYOT and went for around $58K....stored in Heated storage since new....from what I was told,nothing needed to be changed out except fluids and it was bought by a Ford Dealer....Wonder what the price on that one is now.....??
Everything I've seen points to the Gen 1 V-8 in well taken care of as being a pretty solid investment you can use and not lose too much on....Didnt buy mine for that reason,but sure nice to be offered $5K more than you paid for a vehicle....not a common thing for sure....:33:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There was one last year that I actually bid on with a few hundred miles on it,on BYOT and went for around $58K....stored in Heated storage since new....from what I was told,nothing needed to be changed out except fluids and it was bought by a Ford Dealer....Wonder what the price on that one is now.....??
Everything I've seen points to the Gen 1 V-8 in well taken care of as being a pretty solid investment you can use and not lose too much on....Didnt buy mine for that reason,but sure nice to be offered $5K more than you paid for a vehicle....not a common thing for sure....:33:
Maybe, but that 50k would have been better put into just about any stock, mutual fund or random piece of real estate. And to think they didn't even get to drive it for more than a few hundred miles, so not really a good investment in terms of money or "quiet enjoyment".
I guess, those couple hundred miles could have been life changing, if you picked up a red head, long legged lady, or something.;)

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder how much will be needed to be changed out before it's drivable?
Yeah agree.

For sure battery, maybe some fuel system parts, good injector cleaning or new, fluids, filters I’m sure tires have flat spots. Seems like a lot for it likely needing work, maybe that’s why the 2nd owner drove it 200 miles and was fed up with fixing stuff haha.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool find. But, at 47k I'm throwing down a bit more for an used Gen 2.

Guess they swapped the wheels at some point.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah agree.

For sure battery, maybe some fuel system parts, good injector cleaning or new, fluids, filters I’m sure tires have flat spots. Seems like a lot for it likely needing work, maybe that’s why the 2nd owner drove it 200 miles and was fed up with fixing stuff haha.

The tires are aged out, need to be replaced.