Brighter reverse lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Six... i was talking about direct bulb replacements for the BILS tails. You can't replace them (BLIS has built in LEDs and a control board), that's why the S1/S2 reverse kit is your best option if you have BLIS. If you don't have BLIS, the S1/S2 are still a killer upgrade BUT non-BLIS folks can just swap out the halogen bulbs for some LED bulbs.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Six... i was talking about direct bulb replacements for the BILS tails. You can't replace them (BLIS has built in LEDs and a control board), that's why the S1/S2 reverse kit is your best option if you have BLIS. If you don't have BLIS, the S1/S2 are still a killer upgrade BUT non-BLIS folks can just swap out the halogen bulbs for some LED bulbs.

Ok, so you can replace the reverse light with a brighter led, correct because that's what I'm referring to.

The OP was inquiring whether or not there's an option to install a brighter "reverse" led bulb.

There is but I'm still going purchase the S1's

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have BLIS. No... you cannot replace the factory lights with LEDs, as they are already LED and a proprietary system.
IF you do not have BLIS and you have regular halogen bulbs in your tails, then YES, you can replace them with plug and play LEDs that I had linked earlier.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
If you have BLIS. No... you cannot replace the factory lights with LEDs, as they are already LED and a proprietary system.
IF you do not have BLIS and you have regular halogen bulbs in your tails, then YES, you can replace them with plug and play LEDs that I had linked earlier.

Ok, I get it now, thanks.

I do have BLIS as I have a 2019 802A package and the stock ones are led but I installed a brighter one.

I'll have to check and see if my BLIS is still working in the rear, if not I kept the factory bulbs.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry but that does not quite make sense. If you have BLIS you can't install a brighter one... there are no user serviceable parts that you can replace on the BLIS tails.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Sorry but that does not quite make sense. If you have BLIS you can't install a brighter one... there are no user serviceable parts that you can replace on the BLIS tails.

Well, I don't know what to tell you because I have BLIS and I did install a brighter reverse led.

Are you sure that BLIS isn't just built into the taillights at least on the 2019's?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Trucks with BLIS have LED's from the factory. There is no bulb you can just pull out and put a new one in. What year/make/model is your truck? Can you show us a photo of your tails?

BLIS lights, when removed from the truck, have a board on the back. There's nothing to replace.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I'll be following this. I also want brighter reverse lights but don't like the look of the lights hanging from the bumper. I'm not sure there is enough flat surface in the bumper to put recessed light in, anyone done it?

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Trucks with BLIS have LED's from the factory. There is no bulb you can just pull out and put a new one in. What year/make/model is your truck? Can you show us a photo of your tails?

BLIS lights, when removed from the truck, have a board on the back. There's nothing to replace.

I have a 2019 Supercrew Raptor with 802A and Tech Package.

And I changed out the bulb myself.

I've hear the warning go off when backing out of my driveway and a passing car set it off.

Here is a just now taken picture of my driver's side taillight.

I just don't know what else to say except it was the upper bulb so maybe it wasn't the reverse light but the tail light hell you got me wondering now.

I guess that little strip in the picture is the led reverse light?

All I know is that after I installed the LED from Diode Dynamics it was brighter when reversing.

20191111_144401.jpg

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are going to have to pop that ****** out and show us the back LOL.