Brighter headlight bulb for HID stock lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RS4

Reaction score
Was thinking of doing morimoto XB's but wouldn't mind trying to get the HIDs brighter first?
Does anyone know what bulbs would work in stock HID housing?

OP
OP
RS4

RS4

Reaction score
Was thinking of doing morimoto XB's but wouldn't mind trying to get the HIDs brighter first?
Does anyone know what bulbs would work in stock HID housing?

anyone regret going from HIDs to morimotos? There is an alpha brand too that looks kinda cool

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How old are your stock bulbs? They do dim a bit with time. DOT regulates headlights have a max output (usually wattage), its to protect other drivers on the road. Have you considered aux lighting?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Bluto

Reaction score
I believe the osram night breaker HIDs are the brightest you can get right now. They have a good color temp closer to 5000k which is better than the blueish options for your eyes

Sethrad

Reaction score
What’s the recommendation for a 2018 Gen 2 headlight upgrade.

my read is that the bulbs cannot be replaced on the stock headlights...which would mean a switch the Morimoto or Alpharex. Still can’t get any input on which will have the best real world output. The stock headlights are useless out in the country. I just turn on my fog lights and deal with it.

I’d love to make a switch that has real world performance improvements.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the recommendation for a 2018 Gen 2 headlight upgrade.

my read is that the bulbs cannot be replaced on the stock headlights...which would mean a switch the Morimoto or Alpharex. Still can’t get any input on which will have the best real world output. The stock headlights are useless out in the country. I just turn on my fog lights and deal with it.

I’d love to make a switch that has real world performance improvements.

Correct they cannot be replaced. But you can replace the entire housing. The Morimoto XB Housings are VERY popular. We've got them in stock actually here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com and it's what w run on our truck

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2017-ford-f150-raptor-2015-2017-f150/

upload_2021-2-8_13-48-44.png