Breckenridge, CO trail suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading up to Breckenridge, CO in August. Does anyone have any suggestions on Raptor friendly trails in that general area?

I am trying to avoid any damage on the trip because I'll be trading in the 2018 on a 2021 right about the time I get home.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Breckenridge tomorrow thru Thursday. Following for recommendations.

Reaction score
Between Breckenridge and Frisco is a road called Revett Drive or you can take Tiger Run Road. They end at a great area with lots of trails. One of the 4x4 shops or ATV rentals can give you a basic map. It is the Georgia Pass area if you want to look up!

FFCJ

Reaction score
Mosquito Pass is just outside of Breck. Try taking the easy but scenic road out of Alma to Kite Lake and hike a '14er!. If you want to try one of the top 5 trails in Colorado, try Holy Cross out of Leadville. Be prepared......
I have a ton more if you need them.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boreas Pass is scenic and an easy dirt road. Head back via 285 and 9.Screenshot (129).png

Georgia Pass is scenic more narrow between waypoint 3 Screenshot (130).png and the pass with some lose rocks and ruts near the top. The 285 side is easy dirt. Detour at waypoint 4 North to Jefferson lake if you have time easy gravel road $7 entrance fee.

Don't take this last route if you want to avoid damage. You need a winch and a good spotter to make it up the rocky hill. It is also a one way route
Screenshot (131).png

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boreas Pass is scenic and an easy dirt road. Head back via 285 and 9.View attachment 312975

Georgia Pass is scenic more narrow between waypoint 3 View attachment 312976 and the pass with some lose rocks and ruts near the top. The 285 side is easy dirt. Detour at waypoint 4 North to Jefferson lake if you have time easy gravel road $7 entrance fee.

Don't take this last route if you want to avoid damage. You need a winch and a good spotter to make it up the rocky hill. It is also a one way route
View attachment 312977

Can't tell where that Boreas Pass is ending out on south side... Does that dump you in South Park area? How many miles?

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The south end is the town of Como. U.S. highway 285. Route length is shown as 20 miles. Head west on 285 to Fairplay then north on 9 for an easy return to Breckenridge. The Boreas Pass route mostly follows the old narrow gauge railway grade. There is a locomotive display at the start in Breckenridge. Some rail cars on display at the top of the pass and a roundhouse display at Como. It is an easy relaxing drive.