Break kit recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drball944

Reaction score
It’s looking like break time for my 2013 SCrew. I plan to do rotors & pads. For a mostly street/highway driven truck, what do y’all recommend?

Thanks

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s looking like break time for my 2013 SCrew. I plan to do rotors & pads. For a mostly street/highway driven truck, what do y’all recommend?

Thanks
I've had good experiences with the PowerStop package on mine. Stage 3 had some good deals on them a day or two ago.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I've had good experiences with the PowerStop package on mine. Stage 3 had some good deals on them a day or two ago.

PowerStop seems to be the go-to unless you want to spend 3-6 mos of truck payments on a BBK.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PowerStop seems to be the go-to unless you want to spend 3-6 mos of truck payments on a BBK.
Yeah. R1 is another option if you want to spend more. But PowerStop seems to be the reasonable/decent go to. You won’t notice an amazing difference or anything. But they do well. Seem to hold up to towing decently as well.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Why pay more. We have these onsale for the new year for FRF members. Use promo code: FRF202025 for 25% off!

https://www.freedommotorsports.us/c...m-replacement-performance-brake-packages.html

We have an exclusive offering for FRF on double-coating the Carbon Geomets.

We have sold over a thousand kits to raptor owners since 2012 with proven results and always positive feedback.

We can package it with SS brake lines brake fluid and calipers too.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Is it worth going slotted or drilled or both? I know what I like on cars, but I’ve always used OEM on my trucks.

Yes we recommend slotted & drilled in all our kits and what 99% of raptor owners upgrade to. We also offer them in slotted too.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill back the R1 concepts. I don't need nor have the money for a BBK but the R1s are great so far, and are within the price range for the powerstop or stoptech ones.