Break in procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20psirabbit

Reaction score
The tech doing pdi will put that pedal straight to the floor before you ever drive it, so don't get too worked up worrying about this stuff. Lol

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When do you guys normally do your first oil change? I've heard conflicting opinions, some say in the first 500-800 miles where others say at the normal scheduled interval.

I dont know about Ford but some manufacturers use break in oil and require it to be changed at the first normal oil change interval and not any sooner.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcraft does offer a full synthetic oil. I had my Ford dealer use it for my oil changes, I plan to do the same with my 2017.

Really? When? I have never seen full on any shelves unless they somewhat recently came out with it?

I digress, just looked at fordparts.com, and there IS Full. Good to know, I like.

Last edited:

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? When? I have never seen full on any shelves unless they somewhat recently came out with it?

I digress, just looked at fordparts.com, and there IS Full. Good to know, I like.

Yeah, I've never seen it for sale in stores, but I can get it at my Ford dealer. I had them use full synthetic Mororcraft oil in my 2012 Raptor, oil changes with tire rotation were around $80. It is available in both 5w-20 and 5w-30.
https://www.fordparts.com/Products/Chemicals-MotorOils.aspx

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer has always had full Synthetic, most won't do it because it's over $100 for the Raptor

I only use Mobil 1 Extended 5W-20

Specifically designed for Turbos and Superchargers.

Last edited: