BRAND NEW ENGINE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI.... new to forum, but had to join and post this. Absolutely pissed!!! Bought brand new 2019 raptor 800A from Apple Ford in Red Lion Pa 2 months ago. Noticed a subtle stuttering through out acceleration through all gears similar to hitting a rev limiter. Brought it in for service explained the condition... 2.5 hours later service says no error codes were found its fine. I said i wanted to take a tech out for a drive and the stuttering was even more subtle then usual, he said its fine and thats your traction control. I said i dont believe it, theres no way. But it ended because they said theres nothing wrong. So i have to live with it. Flash forward 1.5 months its still been doing it, now 3600 miles on it, i put it in sport mode and 4A to show my older son how fast it is. Took off FAST through 4th gear then it died, all power stopped and red oil pressure light light came on. Turned off and back on reset it. Replicated it again did it again. Took it to Manderbach ford in reading pa. 2 hours later, they say its ******. There was only 2 quarts of oil in engine and it calls for 6.5. There is tons of metal shavings in the oil. Warranty claim made for a brand new engine to be installed tomorrow. Im pissed. Should i bitch up a storm, have them buy it back and ask for a 802A Raptor?? Cause now i think my title is gonna show something ****** up.advice??

After you get your truck back with a "new" engine be sure to ask them if it is new or rebuilt and how long is the warranty. Be sure they print that on your service receipt. Also ask them if they put in a Short Block or Long Block? A Short Block is just the engine block and internally lubricated parts. A Long Block is the engine, heads, intake, turbos, and most major engine attachments. In either case check to see if they connected and routed everything correctly.

I have Chevy/GMC dealer replace my S10 ZR2 V6 with a Short Block because of a thrown rod. It took them a month. After I got the truck back the main fuel line was routed over the distributor cap, a vacuum line was hanging disconnected, and windshield washer hoses not
reconnected. Sloppy work like they threw a Trainee at it!

Make sure everything works - engine modes, 4x4 modes, traction control on/off, cruise control, etc and stuttering / shifting right after you pick it up. If you report any issues later they might say its a new issue.

Good luck, HT

Reaction score
FYI.... new to forum, but had to join and post this. Absolutely pissed!!! Bought brand new 2019 raptor 800A from Apple Ford in Red Lion Pa 2 months ago. Noticed a subtle stuttering through out acceleration through all gears similar to hitting a rev limiter. Brought it in for service explained the condition... 2.5 hours later service says no error codes were found its fine. I said i wanted to take a tech out for a drive and the stuttering was even more subtle then usual, he said its fine and thats your traction control. I said i dont believe it, theres no way. But it ended because they said theres nothing wrong. So i have to live with it. Flash forward 1.5 months its still been doing it, now 3600 miles on it, i put it in sport mode and 4A to show my older son how fast it is. Took off FAST through 4th gear then it died, all power stopped and red oil pressure light light came on. Turned off and back on reset it. Replicated it again did it again. Took it to Manderbach ford in reading pa. 2 hours later, they say its ******. There was only 2 quarts of oil in engine and it calls for 6.5. There is tons of metal shavings in the oil. Warranty claim made for a brand new engine to be installed tomorrow. Im pissed. Should i bitch up a storm, have them buy it back and ask for a 802A Raptor?? Cause now i think my title is gonna show something ****** up.advice??
In addition to fixing the issues, I would ask them to do a formal Corrective Action Investigation on why that happened and send you the results.