Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

BRAND NEW ENGINE

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Stouty, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Cindy

Cindy Member

A service place usually has one decent mechanic ,maybe, and the rest are parts changers. No thinking outside the box. Really a lost art.

Hawaiian Time likes this.
  2. Hawaiian Time

Hawaiian Time Full Access Member

After you get your truck back with a "new" engine be sure to ask them if it is new or rebuilt and how long is the warranty. Be sure they print that on your service receipt. Also ask them if they put in a Short Block or Long Block? A Short Block is just the engine block and internally lubricated parts. A Long Block is the engine, heads, intake, turbos, and most major engine attachments. In either case check to see if they connected and routed everything correctly.

I have Chevy/GMC dealer replace my S10 ZR2 V6 with a Short Block because of a thrown rod. It took them a month. After I got the truck back the main fuel line was routed over the distributor cap, a vacuum line was hanging disconnected, and windshield washer hoses not
    reconnected. Sloppy work like they threw a Trainee at it!

Make sure everything works - engine modes, 4x4 modes, traction control on/off, cruise control, etc and stuttering / shifting right after you pick it up. If you report any issues later they might say its a new issue.

Good luck, HT

3. Wendy M Weaver

Wendy M Weaver Member

In addition to fixing the issues, I would ask them to do a formal Corrective Action Investigation on why that happened and send you the results.

smurfslayer and Hawaiian Time like this.