Brand New 2023 1,200 mi blew transmission while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Confirmed transmission cooler line. Dealership fixed it in one day and I pick it up tomorrow. Lucky to have a good dealership.

rep stated the lines are connected by robots and shit happens.

hoping no other issues, love this truck.
Good to hear, you didnt notice transmission fluid leaking?

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed transmission cooler line. Dealership fixed it in one day and I pick it up tomorrow. Lucky to have a good dealership.

rep stated the lines are connected by robots and shit happens.

hoping no other issues, love this truck.
Just like that you're back in business! Glad it was a quick fix.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, you didnt notice transmission fluid leaking?
The type of connector used nowadays only let go at higher pressure. They don't typically leak until full fire hose. Same thing happened with a handful of early TRX deliveries too.

They're pushed in 95% but the clips didn't full seat.

OP
OP
M

Mace66

Reaction score
repair notes stated bent transmission line hose. I didn’t have any leaks prior to it breaking and leaving me stranded.

I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else and if it does I hope it gets fixed as fast as mine.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
repair notes stated bent transmission line hose. I didn’t have any leaks prior to it breaking and leaving me stranded.

I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else and if it does I hope it gets fixed as fast as mine.
Post the service invoice if you can from dealer so if someone else runs into this they have info.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 23 37pp today. Made it about 40 miles before the trans started acting funny. Super long shifts in 7th to 10th with big rpm flares. (1.5 second shifts) also limp mode and “Bangy/extra-firm” downshifts at light throttle. SES light and ford pass notification came on.

Trans temp was 230-235f driving flat at 70mph.
Probably running in 7th gear at this rpm (limp mode feature?)

Glad I didn’t get stranded on the road.
View attachment 420072
View attachment 420073
Dealer is ordering a new trans.

Bad luck!!!
This is freaking insane. I would be blowing in fumes. Nothing more exciting than picking up your new Raptor only to have it blow up 40 miles in. Hope you get your truck sort it out ASAP.