Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to change the default touch panel door code and put on a Viper Alarm without key disable.

I'm not quite as worried now that I'm home. If a car was stolen here it would be a big deal. In all honesty I'd probably just never go to another city with my truck. I don't need to, so I'll just avoid them. I have a beater I can drive if I need to drive to a city for some reason.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the first dealer know where you would be staying that night? Course they could have prolly tracked your VIN via Ford App GPS.

Well, enjoy your Raptor anyway! F--- em!!!!

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the first dealer know where you would be staying that night? Course they could have prolly tracked your VIN via Ford App GPS.

Well, enjoy your Raptor anyway! F--- em!!!!

Thanks man. I doubt it was the first dealer, it seems so common to happen in that area, I think I just got unlucky. Driving a new F-series alone is going to exponentially increase your risk of theft or break-ins. If I had known about the crime in that area I would likely have chosen a different truck to buy in a different state. The fact that the police don't care about what happens in their city is sad. It took them 3 hours to even show up and when they did they were rude and didn't give a crap in the least. The whole experience was just disappointing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What really pissed me off is that the hotel manager said that people usually just break in and steal owners manuals. He didn't know why. After doing some reading it seems they steal owners manuals because the factory door code comes packaged in there. They get your address from something in your truck or are able to run your plate and get an address. They return later or go to your house armed with your door code and steal it from there. Saw several cases of that happening. Saw cases of them finding people's houses and cleaning out their whole house.

First off, I’m glad only the truck and some belongings are gone and I sympathize.

I quoted what sticks out to me in your tale of woe. So the Hotel manager knows this to be a problem - an ongoing problem, right?

Like you, the dealer didn’t set me up on Ford Pass, in fact I read about it here, and did the setup maybe a week or so later.

I hope this is resolved for you soon. Good luck.

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys are overthinking this, bad guys break in vehicles all the time, while in your vehicle they look for a spare set of keys, a stupid amount of people keep a spare set in the vehicle, off they go. The second thing they do is grab the registration papers and the garage remote and then hit your house, they do this at our local shopping malls. You shop, they shop!

If the employee wanted to steal your vehicle they would do it right off the lot, not have someone follow you for hours down a highway.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys are overthinking this, bad guys break in vehicles all the time, while in your vehicle they look for a spare set of keys, a stupid amount of people keep a spare set in the vehicle, off they go. The second thing they do is grab the registration papers and the garage remote and then hit your house, they do this at our local shopping malls. You shop, they shop!

If the employee wanted to steal your vehicle they would do it right off the lot, not have someone follow you for hours down a highway.

How many F150s would you say you would have to break into before finding the one with the keys in it? 2... 5... 20... 50?

These people knew the key was in the truck. The video could tell us more... did they pop the door and immediately start the truck? How long from door to driving off?

There are car break ins (looking for loose items), and there are car thefts. Two different types of criminals.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, if they just jumped in the truck and pushed the Start button either they knew the other FOB was in there or just dumb luck. Either way, his Raptor is gone.

Lots of good info here. I did not know popping the door lock would shut off the factory alarm. That is BS!

Loaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Criminals are opportunistic. The manager is probably right about f150’s being broken into “burglarized”. Anyways if the manager admits to a serial burglar than he is owning up to some respomsibilty. I assume this was not discussed while checking in? Maybe a call to your insurance adjuster with that info might be helpful.
Very sorry on your loss.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many F150s would you say you would have to break into before finding the one with the keys in it? 2... 5... 20... 50?

These people knew the key was in the truck. The video could tell us more... did they pop the door and immediately start the truck? How long from door to driving off?

There are car break ins (looking for loose items), and there are car thefts. Two different types of criminals.

Thing is they don't have to look for the key, since it's a proximity key you just hit the start button and if it lights up, you know you just got a free truck. Since they left the key in the owners manual holder, it was close enough to just start the truck. I didn't watch the actual video but the hotel manager said they were inside the truck in like 5 seconds with a screwdriver. This seems plausible based on other instances I've read about. At that rate they could cruise the many hotel parking lots hitting a lot of Ford trucks in one night. Only a matter of time before one has a key in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20