Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks!!! I wonder if there is a way disable the key lock alarm shut off with ForScan? Otherwise the whole stock alarm system is worthless. Any tow truck driver carries tools like slimjim to open the door lock in seconds, disable the tilt alarm and tow the Raptor away!!!

Jeez, what a joke! A bad one!!!

Marcus85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your EcoBoost grenaded thread, going to make it much more entertaining.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and plenty of cars there are stolen on flatbeds, so there might not be anything you can do stop it at all. Just a fact of life I guess.

What really pissed me off is that the hotel manager said that people usually just break in and steal owners manuals. He didn't know why. After doing some reading it seems they steal owners manuals because the factory door code comes packaged in there. They get your address from something in your truck or are able to run your plate and get an address. They return later or go to your house armed with your door code and steal it from there. Saw several cases of that happening. Saw cases of them finding people's houses and cleaning out their whole house.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to apply my television crime degree here but... this sounds too opportunistic. I'm thinking it was an inside job. Someone at the dealership where you bought it... likely whoever put the second fob in the manual sleeve. This person calls their thief friends with the details and they follow you from the dealer to your next overnight stop.

You didn't mention what time they stole the truck. My guess is an hour after your hotel lights when out... 1am-2am.

There is no point breaking into the truck door unless you are confident that you can start it quickly.

The hotel manager and second dealership indicate F150s are frequently stolen in the area... suggesting an epicenter that probably points back to that first dealership.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and plenty of cars there are stolen on flatbeds, so there might not be anything you can do stop it at all. Just a fact of life I guess.

What really pissed me off is that the hotel manager said that people usually just break in and steal owners manuals. He didn't know why. After doing some reading it seems they steal owners manuals because the factory door code comes packaged in there. They get your address from something in your truck or are able to run your plate and get an address. They return later or go to your house armed with your door code and steal it from there. Saw several cases of that happening. Saw cases of them finding people's houses and cleaning out their whole house.

Time to change the default touch panel door code and put on a Viper Alarm without key disable.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to apply my television crime degree here but... this sounds too opportunistic. I'm thinking it was an inside job. Someone at the dealership where you bought it... likely whoever put the second fob in the manual sleeve. This person calls their thief friends with the details and they follow you from the dealer to your next overnight stop.

You didn't mention what time they stole the truck. My guess is an hour after your hotel lights when out... 1am-2am.

There is no point breaking into the truck door unless you are confident that you can start it quickly.

The hotel manager and second dealership indicate F150s are frequently stolen in the area... suggesting an epicenter that probably points back to that first dealership.

It's certainly possible. It was stolen at 3:30am. Apparently they just hit any newer F-series trucks they can because they are so easy to break into. I watched videos of it being done, I mean it's unbelievable how easy it is. Just google "san antonio stolen car" and see page after page after page of it happening. It's not even something anyone there is surprised by anymore. The finance manager who did my papers on the second truck had his f250 stolen just a month ago. He didn't even sound mad.