Brakes Failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont need a high post count to see people getting baited/played by 1(or 2) retards. isnt the first forum i've seen this on so I'm not sure why i'm surprised.

Glad you see it. The issue is we don't want "them" here when all they do is trash Ford, the Gen2 and the EcoBoost motor. A broken clock is right twice a day. Our resident hater isn't right that many times.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like this thread has taken a life of its own.

Talked to the dealership and they said they have seen this in an Escape but not on an F150.

right now the brakes work fine so I am able to drive it for now.

Well that's disconcerting. My current vehicle is an Escape and I have a Raptor on order... Hoping I don't end up with two cars that don't stop when I want them to!

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This engine has a special vacuum system for brakes. I am guessing it did not build enough pressure for you to stop. Others have reported this here. It is an idiosyncrasy for those who have this engine.

Man Sasquatch, right back with a new name to post immediately about the ecoboost. You didn't try to even sound or behave differently with your new account...with one exception...you didn't "like" the original post about brake failure. The old Sasquatch religiously hit the like button on every bad news post.

I guess there could have been a brake issue though, wonder if they will expand the recall. That article was almost a year old so maybe not.

Last edited:

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's always the e-brake and the tuck and roll dismount/bail, harden up you worry warts!

JK

If your going to use the bail technique always best to rehearse it together before really attempting with friends or family.

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• 6f5e60011a251e264008c305f5548e31550eac6e821ac7a5fe5b9d7efc4af077.jpg
    6f5e60011a251e264008c305f5548e31550eac6e821ac7a5fe5b9d7efc4af077.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 39

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL
Sasquatch says the faulty brakes are because of bad engine design.

Late model F150s without ecoboost engines have not had any issues with brake assist failing- it's only the trucks with turbo engines and the vacuum pump that fail "often". "Often" still isn't that often overall- but compared to the non-EB trucks, it's much more common.

You do know the Ecoboost engines use a vacuum pump to provide brake assist instead of the traditional brake booster that uses manifold vacuum, right?

It's been better since the revision they made to the vac pump configuration in 2013, but it's still not as reliable as the traditional setup. The most reliable vacuum pump you can put in a car is a naturally aspirated gasoline engine.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Late model F150s without ecoboost engines have not had any issues with brake assist failing- it's only the trucks with turbo engines and the vacuum pump that fail "often". "Often" still isn't that often overall- but compared to the non-EB trucks, it's much more common.

You do know the Ecoboost engines use a vacuum pump to provide brake assist instead of the traditional brake booster that uses manifold vacuum, right?

It's been better since the revision they made to the vac pump configuration in 2013, but it's still not as reliable as the traditional setup. The most reliable vacuum pump you can put in a car is a naturally aspirated gasoline engine.

Exactly right.