Brake pad Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018 RR Raptor

Reaction score
Hey it’s time to replace my brakes what are you use on the gen 2 cause I did not like Oem ones ? Any Recommendations on brake pads ?

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I’ve been doing research on this same topic for when the time comes, my conclusion seems to be either Hawk Performance or EBC. From what I’ve seen, Hawk Performance seems to be a little more available

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had good luck on off road vehicles with the Z36 kits from Power Stop. The only thing I’ve ever known EBC to be good for is chewing up rotors. Now I know somebody’s gonna come along with how great they were for this or that, but I’m just talking about personal experiences of mine and my former customers. I would definitely go with Hawk out of the two.

As a sidenote, the Z36 kits do come with drilled and slotted rotors to which I’m generally not a fan of, especially on off-road vehicles. Few holes though. I never got anything caught up in them, and the rotors never developed cracks because I don’t track my off-road vehicles. The Z 36 kit is a towing package that just happens to work really well performance wise for heavy vehicles.

To be clear, none of this experience is with the Raptor, and the EBC experience is from the 90's. I've stated this before, but if I had my choice for a street pad, I'd try Ferodos DS2500. Unfortunately, last I looked, they didn't make a fitment for this truck as they are a well known tried and true manufacturer of track pads. The DS2500s were what I ran on the street.

I think some of the vendors on this site have packages as well. I would just shy away from the EBC stuff.

Last edited:

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, burned up a set of pads in 2 1/2 years! Good job! How many miles?

How do the rotors look?

Not long enough for the salt to have destroyed your rotors?

I haven't crawled under my 18 lately (too cold)

Now you got me thinking about new brakes...not to mention tires.

Thanks. ;-)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawk pads crumble as they age and dust like crazy if that’s a concern. I guess if you’re going through them in 2 years maybe crumbling isn’t a concern. I’ve had them fail annual inspection with 1/2-3/4 thickness left because the edges disintegrated.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve used EBC on many applications, including my track cars, and have loved them. Never on the Raptor though, but that would be my choice. Hawk are garbage IMO.