GEN 2 Brake Master Cylinder upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have my R1 BBK installed and the additional fluid needed to move these bad boys that brake fantastic btw but they do require additional peddle throw.

Any upgrades out there?

Wish someone made a full braided line kit as well and get rid of the hard lines and rubber lines in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted Crown about the braided brake lines? Im pretty sure they can make any thing you need.

If not, contact Bonaco Inc. I did a rear disc brake conversion on my Ranger years back and nobody had the hoses i needed in stock. Called Bonaco up, gave them the specs of what i needed and they had them at my door step in a week.

I wonder if the 2017 F350 Hydroboost Master cylinder would work on the Raptor, I just cant remember if the Gen2 has a electric steering rack or not! The earlier Superduty Hydroboost master cylinder was a popular mod for the Lightning and Harley guys.

Wayne

Last edited:
OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted Crown about the braided brake lines? Im pretty sure they can make any thing you need.

If not, contact Bonaco Inc. I did a rear disc brake conversion on my Ranger years back and nobody had the hoses i needed in stock. Called Bonaco up, gave them the specs of what i needed and they had them at my door step in a week.

I wonder if the 2017 F350 Hydroboost Master cylinder would work on the Raptor! The earlier Superduty Hydroboost master cylinder was a popular mod for the Lightning and Harley guys.

Wayne

Interesting! Thanks for the info! I can probably measure everything and find a cost. I was disappointed to see so many rubber lines as they swell so much. No wonder why there lbs hardly and noticeable difference replacing the rubber lines at the calipers.

Called wilwood today and talked to a tech for a bit and gave me some options on what they have to offer in the way of master cylinders.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would see if you could find a brake master off something like an f250 that would bolt up. Going with a larger master may make your issue worse. It will move more fluid but it will take more pedal pressure.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would see if you could find a brake master off something like an f250 that would bolt up. Going with a larger master may make your issue worse. It will move more fluid but it will take more pedal pressure.

Yeah I definitely don’t need a new master cylinder I believe I either had some air in the lines or the booster. I ran 2 liters through the system and it’s all good. Brakes are awesome and pedal feel is back to normal.