Brake issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kikit2

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Raptor and my front brakes were worn out, so I decided to replace the brakes and rotors on all four corners. I went with the EBC Stage 8 set. Since I have had them on, there is a constant grinding in the rear and in the driver's front, especially when I let off of the accelerator. It's almost like it has applied pressure to the pads just when I let off the accelerator. The noise is ridiculously loud, so I contacted EBC and they sent me a whole new set of front and back pads and rotors. I put them on a couple of days ago and I'm experiencing the same thing. This is driving me crazy! I've had three different mechanics look at it and all tell me everything is fine. What in the world could be causing this grinding????

I've also tried it with and without advancetrac completely disabled. Tow mode is not on.

OP
OP
Kikit2

Kikit2

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with what IWE is so I guess I can Google it in a second, but they did check the e brake as well.

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Raptor and my front brakes were worn out, so I decided to replace the brakes and rotors on all four corners. I went with the EBC Stage 8 set. Since I have had them on, there is a constant grinding in the rear and in the driver's front, especially when I let off of the accelerator. It's almost like it has applied pressure to the pads just when I let off the accelerator. The noise is ridiculously loud, so I contacted EBC and they sent me a whole new set of front and back pads and rotors. I put them on a couple of days ago and I'm experiencing the same thing. This is driving me crazy! I've had three different mechanics look at it and all tell me everything is fine. What in the world could be causing this grinding????

I've also tried it with and without advancetrac completely disabled. Tow mode is not on.
What did the first set of pads and rotors look like? How about the guide pins? Does the noise change when you engage 4wd?

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had a couple flex hoses delaminate.
Caused calipers to not release.
Could imagine the hoses moved, twisted, contorted a little different than what they had been used to.
Maybe the extra bending while taking calipers off and putting on let them separate inside.
You don't see any external leaks, but outside layers hold pressure and squeeze the inner trapping pressure.
Something else to check.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure on EBC, but the factory brake pads are position specific. The inboard brake pad backings have rounder/raised edges, and the larger chamfered part of the pad needs to be oriented on the top. Installing the pads in the wrong positions will cause the issue you’re describing.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on EBC, but the factory brake pads are position specific. The inboard brake pad backings have rounder/raised edges, and the larger chamfered part of the pad needs to be oriented on the top. Installing the pads in the wrong positions will cause the issue you’re describing.
I thought I read somewhere that OEM pads and aftermarket pads had been redesigned so that the back side of the pad didn’t matter which side of the caliper it rested on. I remember getting OEM pads a few years ago and the pads all looked the exact same