GEN 1 Brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonknf

Reaction score
I changed the brake fluid and now I get no brakes the pedal is hard but can’t lock up the wheels it will slow the truck down but will not lock up the wheels I have rebleed them no luck have vacuum to them
Thank u

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used one that was air operated and sucks it through as I was by my self started at the passenger rear
You probably got air in it. Did you just bleed brakes only, no other work? Usually you can open the bleeder and let it drip into a jar until clear, just keep adding fluid before it gets low, work your way around, no air can get in that way. You might have to take it in and get it power bled at a dealer or somewhere. @FordTechOne might have a solution other than a dealer visit, idk.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the master cylinder reservoir run dry at any point during the bleed process? If so, there will be air in the lines and HCU which may be difficult to get out with a vacuum bleeder. If the reservoir never ran dry, did you remove the old fluid from the reservoir and refill it with new fluid before bleeding? If not you would have pulled the old dirty/contaminated fluid through the system, which can cause the dump valves in the HCU to stick and bleed off pressure.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the master cylinder reservoir run dry at any point during the bleed process? If so, there will be air in the lines and HCU which may be difficult to get out with a vacuum bleeder. If the reservoir never ran dry, did you remove the old fluid from the reservoir and refill it with new fluid before bleeding? If not you would have pulled the old dirty/contaminated fluid through the system, which can cause the dump valves in the HCU to stick and bleed off pressure.
What does HCU mean?