Brake help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mastersgt07

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Raptor that I have had to replace the Brakes 3 times in the last two years including new calipers in the front 6 months ago now they are grinding again and ford said that they haven’t heard of this issue so I’m asking if anyone here has had issues like this

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you doing the work yourself? It sounds to me like the tech is not using caliper grease, not torquing things properly or you have an issue elsewhere in your braking system:

Are you driving 25k+ a year?
Do you ride with your foot on the brake for extended periods? (more than a few seconds at a time to keep speed) or using the brake as a foot rest?
Do you use hill descent mode a lot?
Have you had the master cylinder checked? How much play do you have in the pedal before you get brake feel? It sounds like the fronts may not be fully disengaging.

A set of front brakes on these trucks should last ~50k miles, probably more if you don't run it hard. Throwing more front brake parts at it without finding the root of the issue is going to be money wasted.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replace the flexible brake lines with Stainless Steel ones,I did this 9 years ago, better pedal feel too. After you replace the brakes this time, make sure you break in the pads properly and if you have use of an infared thermometer, suggest you take readings at each wheel periodically, just to make sure there are no issues. You should get 50,000 miles per replacement depending on how you drive. If you are an on again off again gas and brake pedal driver, these won't last very long.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you doing the work yourself? It sounds to me like the tech is not using caliper grease, not torquing things properly or you have an issue elsewhere in your braking system:

Are you driving 25k+ a year?
Do you ride with your foot on the brake for extended periods? (more than a few seconds at a time to keep speed) or using the brake as a foot rest?
Do you use hill descent mode a lot?
Have you had the master cylinder checked? How much play do you have in the pedal before you get brake feel? It sounds like the fronts may not be fully disengaging.

A set of front brakes on these trucks should last ~50k miles, probably more if you don't run it hard. Throwing more front brake parts at it without finding the root of the issue is going to be money wasted.
Sorry, didn't read all your comments before posting....