Boys, we've been fleeced...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford quality job 1. Is there anything of quality on a Ford truck besides the Fox shocks and tires?

Cheap paint, crooked doors, vinyl and plastic interior. You don't get much for 90k these days.

Truck not worth 45k.
And your posts aren’t worth 2 cents. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread don’t waste the space. You’re sounding more like a worthless troll with every post.

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. Very very underwhelming for the marketing of the BandO plus the speaker count they boast. That said if you Google soundsgoodstereo here on this forum or on internet, you can find plug and play amp and speaker packages ready to go. Not cheap but something I may consider in future.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past 10 years or so, I have always bought the premium sound system in my cars because for the most part they sound pretty good. But the B&O in our Raptors really is lacking pretty hard and, today, I found out why. My goal was to open up the sub and get some measurements and, hopefully, find a replacement. But when I opened this thing up, I was horrified. The sub is nothing but a paper woofer that I am pretty sure they took out of my 1981 Chrysler LeBaron fake wood-panel station wagon (yup, I rolled in that in high school). The magnet and voice coil are so small they might as well not even have put them on. The wires going into the enclosure are, maybe, 20 gauge, at best (think like the wires inside your phone USB charging cable—yeah, that dinky).

I don't want to put a whole system in my truck like the good old days. I am over that. I want something with no maintenance but sounds pretty good. That's why I got the B&O system. My suspicion is that the highs and mids in the B&O system are actually pretty decent. But you need the contrast of solid base to hear/appreciate the highs and mids. Replacing this sub with minimal effort is not going to happen because 1) the size is weird at 6x12 and 2) the impedance of the speaker is 8ohm.

I scoured the web looking for something that I can put in there. I was hoping there was a 6" sub (I can fabricate a new face plate to make it fit) out there with the 8ohms but I am pretty that does not exist. I have found a few 6.5" subs with dual 4ohm voice coils that I could rewire/adapt into 8ohm but they were no name crap on Amazon so I don't know if it will solve my problem. Anyone successfully replace their B&O sub while still using the stock amp, etc.?

View attachment 379542

The weirdest thing about this enclosure is that when I opened it up it was full of the finest silt dirt you ever saw. The back of the enclosure is kind of ported with a super fine membrane that I think goes out the wall of the rear of the cab and I think that is how the dust gets in.
View attachment 379543

I don't think this thing even weighs one pound. The cone is the cheapest paper you ever saw. My wife said no one is dropping their ******* for that.
View attachment 379544

These are the wires that "power" the sub. I mean, if a mouse farts next to them, they will probably crumble.
View attachment 379545
the speakers r the least of your worries ,its the amp ,and the bass roll off ,can't be fixed unless u gut the system ,I know cause I did it .

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And your posts aren’t worth 2 cents. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread don’t waste the space. You’re sounding more like a worthless troll with every post.
Just calling it like I see it. Plenty of threads of poor quality trucks rolling off the line.

Crooked doors, loose leather seats, exhaust rattle, poor paint quality, suspension noise, rusted components and a cheap sound system just to name a few.

Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not an audio person but I looked into the sub awhile back. Apparently it’s an externally coupled subwoofer. Meaning it uses the cab of the truck for the sound or something.

Attachments

• B_O_F150_2021_English_US.pdf
    628.6 KB · Views: 30

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just calling it like I see it. Plenty of threads of poor quality trucks rolling off the line.

Crooked doors, loose leather seats, exhaust rattle, poor paint quality, suspension noise, rusted components and a cheap sound system just to name a few.
Most of those posts are you bitching about vehicles you don’t even own. You’re just running your mouth and derailing threads. It’s obnoxious troll behavior. These are mass produced vehicles, there will always be some defects when you make close to a million of any product in one year. That’s why they come with a warranty. And I’ve already called you out multiple times on your claimed “crooked door issues” in which you’ve provided only a poorly angle photo (intentionally) and no measurements. Find something better to do with your time than just complain, nobody wants to hear it.

OP
OP
figure1a

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the speakers r the least of your worries ,its the amp ,and the bass roll off ,can't be fixed unless u gut the system ,I know cause I did it .
Yeah, not looking to win any car audio competitions. I still am convinced the highs and mids are decent in the system. The bass lacking is making the whole system sound worse than it may be. Still going to try a simple sub swap once I find something. Easy test would be to do a whole add an amp and subwoofer routine but I want to see if my theory is right and just replacing that sub speaker with something decent will be a welcome and easy fix.