Boys, we've been fleeced...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Raptor

Reaction score
How "difficult" is the install of the Stealth system for someone who's never done any car audio work aside from replacing the rear shelf speakers in an '88 Cavalier Z24? lol

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of videos on Youtube, including videos from SGS. If you can work a drill, measure competently, and do your research prior you will be fine.

IamNomad

Reaction score
I had a career in high end audio (but not car stereo) and I would agree that the midrange and treble response is passable on the B&O system in my 2023.

After all it is a car (or truck) stereo which places it in a very challenging acoustic environment compared to a home stereo so I expect some coloration and un-refinement to the sound.

The big problem is the bass which is boomy, peaky and ill defined. It doesn't go low (40hz or below) or high (150 hz or above) just a constant thump at 80-100hz. I haven't done measurements just my guess at the frequencies.

Although many may want more total bass output, I am satisfied with how loud the system will play but desperately want to fix the bass.

Some EQ at the offending 80-100hz would likely help the symptom but I am concerned that both the low quality of the woofer as well as the tuning and cabinet design (ported but basically using the cab as a cabinet with resultant unwanted stored energy) is where the problem emanates.

I'm not interested in buying a under rear seat woofer cabinet --------so am interested in whether anyone has changed out the stock woofer with a better one and whether there was an improvement in the smoothness and clarity of its response? Alternately has anybody managed to install an outboard EQ or DSP to solve this problem. If so what brand and models were used?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can use a dsp, but you will need to change out the entire system. unless you just want to process the sub bass only? tuning the bass only is like putting offroad tires on a honda. tires may be great, but the vehicle is lacking. might have good sub bass output, but the transition from mid bass to sub bass will be off, and the rest of the system will still sound like crap at higher volume

and dont bother trying to put a sub in the oem location.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can use a dsp, but you will need to change out the entire system. unless you just want to process the sub bass only? tuning the bass only is like putting offroad tires on a honda. tires may be great, but the vehicle is lacking. might have good sub bass output, but the transition from mid bass to sub bass will be off, and the rest of the system will still sound like crap at higher volume

and dont bother trying to put a sub in the oem location.
Not know **** about car audio (other than how it sounds to me), are you saying don't bother with a new enclosure behind the seat? OR OE enclosure (which I get). I was considering something like the below as I CAN NOT give up floor space with nearly 300lbs of Cane Corsos in the back.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I replaced the sub in my Mustang with a Pioneer unit and it went right in. I gotta see if it might be the same one since both are the B&O. Hmm.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not know **** about car audio (other than how it sounds to me), are you saying don't bother with a new enclosure behind the seat? OR OE enclosure (which I get). I was considering something like the below as I CAN NOT give up floor space with nearly 300lbs of Cane Corsos in the back.

dont try to use the oem enclosure. and trying to dsp the sub only, as was asked above.